Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Only half my lights are flashing--Renard Controllers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help! Only half my lights are flashing--Renard Controllers

Another good hint. Patch each element one at a time. Even when doung a pixel tree do one string at a time. I've found doing more than one element that they don't patch correctly or some dont even patch at all. I've had this happen several times. When you patch make sure they all are connected. I recently had an issue and thought it was a bad pixel but ended up being not connected.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished un-patching and re-patching each point, still no luck. I was planning on adding more as the time went on so I do have more patch points available but I'm only using 91 points, should I remove those items that are not being used? Still lost and frustrated! I do appreciate your input and help. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillW View Post
    Just finished un-patching and re-patching each point, still no luck. I was planning on adding more as the time went on so I do have more patch points available but I'm only using 91 points, should I remove those items that are not being used? Still lost and frustrated! I do appreciate your input and help. Thanks
    Don't repatch everything. Patch each element one at a time until one doesn't work. Then go from there. And yes, remove anything that isn't being used that doesn't figure into your current setup. So, if your first prop is 100 pixels just patch the first 300 channels. If they work move on to the next one. Write down which prop uses which channels. So, for the first prop you write down 1-300. That way you can easily see where you're at. Yes, it's involved but its the best way to find out where your problem is. I bet you'll come to a point where something doesn't work. By writing down the channels you'll know where and what to patch and unpatch. Ps: make sure the ones that aren't working actually work. It's possible if connected to a prop before it that there's a bad pixel or wire. The process of elimination takes time. If you eliminate unused channels for future use make sure you change the controller web setup.

Last edited by pmiller; 12-08-2019 at 10:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

do you have the terminator jumpers on. mine was acting up running a sequence which causes the data stream to change a lot where a test mode is the same stream over and over. placed jumper on and data cleaned up and sequence run fine now.
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE][FONT=Arial Black]2012 - 2015 Animated static with standalone controller and dirks
    2016 209 Renard 568 Pixels 13300 lights[/FONT]
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/tannenbaumlights[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdan View Post
    do you have the terminator jumpers on. mine was acting up running a sequence which causes the data stream to change a lot where a test mode is the same stream over and over. placed jumper on and data cleaned up and sequence run fine now.
    I don't think he's using a 682 to run Renards. I think it's USB.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdan View Post
    I do have jumpers on (WIKI directed), first controller is J1 all other controllers J2. PMiller is correct, I'm using USB to serial on the first controller then CAT5 (all tested good) for the others. No longer using the Raspberry PI running straight from my PC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12