Thread: Can't control lights from Vixen 3.4u3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't control lights from Vixen 3.4u3

My sequences play fine using the FPP. I want to tweak some RGB settings and would prefer to just play Vixen sequences without needing to export. I use a E131- DMX bridge ethernet and have entered all of the info in the Ivp4? settings but it's not working. I have done this before in 2015 and even ran the show. Same laptop. Windows 10. What am I missing? Thanks in advance. Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can't control lights from Vixen 3.4u3

Is the controller "Enabled" in Vixen? I have to disable mine so Vixen does not send data over the network to conflict w/ FPP, when I am working on things while the show is running.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure where that is. The only enable I see is on the scheduler.

Post Thanks / Like

Go into Setup Display, then select your controller. Settings down the bottom (gear) make sure the universes are enabled.
    I am pretty sure that's where it is. I sequence on Vixen and run on FPP, and keep those boxes unchecked so Vixen doesn't stream data.
    Zaker

1 - Ren 64
    4 - Ren 24
    1 - Ren48LSD
    2 - E681
    LOTS OF LIGHTS!!
    [URL]http://lights.quietwebhosting.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

FYI, you can right click the controller and start/enable and stop/disable it in Display setup and that will turn it on and off. This works for all controllers, not just the ones with universes. So you want the universes enabled in the controller setup and generally would leave those enabled. Then you also want the controller started/enabled (little square with lines, not a red dot next to it).