Thread: Looking for help - New Xlights sequences not working on old xlights scheduler

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for help - New Xlights sequences not working on old xlights scheduler

Hey, I've done a bunch of searches and can't seem to find the same issue. Would appreciate if someone can steer me in the right direction.

I set up xlights last year to run off an old laptop of mine (running vista) to power a falcon f16v3 with 4 basic models in my display, creating & compiling on my desktop & transfering over to the laptop hardwired to a network hub & the falcon. This year I updated xlights on my main computer and also added a few models to my setup. Unfortunately when I went to update xlights on the old computer it threw me a bunch of DLL errors. Since it's Vista I can't update the C++ runtime 2015 install so I'm stuck. The best I could do is to go back to an older version of Xlights & scheduler (2018.48 works). However, when I run the scheduler, only the old sequences from last year work. The new sequences flash nonsense & freeze or don't do anything at all. This includes an old sequence that I recompiled adding my new modules (on my new computer). When I try and open them in the old computer, my sequence is there but the model layout is screwed up/nonexistent. I think this has something to do with my models not working properly on the old setup.

Is there anything I can do to fix this short of buying a new laptop to run this off? (my wifi doesn't reach to the show which is why I haven't used my main computer)

Thanks
    Brad

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for help - New Xlights sequences not working on old xlights scheduler

Are you saving them in v1 format. 2018 xschedule requires that.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for help - New Xlights sequences not working on old xlights scheduler

From new xLights go to Settings -> FSEQ Version -> Choose V1 and then re-save the sequences that need to run on the old version

Post Thanks / Like

Why continue to run Vista. Why not just load Win 7?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    Thanks. I'll try all these suggestions. I didn't know about the versioning tip. In the meantime I've done something very wrong to the computer so have to fix that first but will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Managed to get my windows working again (crossing fingers). I've changed the fseq settings to V1 and it seems to be working. I think I'll also look into upgrading to 7 as well.
    Thanks for your help! I had no idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    Or load Windows 10 even, you may not be able to "Register" it and you will get a watermark in the lower right to Activate Windows but it still works, you just can't "personalize" it
    Matt