Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for ideas on connecting 120vAC (mains) wiring

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for ideas on connecting 120vAC (mains) wiring

The buss bars I've seen are for mounting in a breaker panel - and they are for solid wire only (from what I've seen). The "terminal studs" I've found are rated for 24v (intended for auto/marine use from what I've seen). The Wago wire nuts max wire gauge is #12 (I have 1-#10 & 4-#16). The nut&bolt connecting ring terminals (wrapped in (good quality (3M)) electrical tape) is what I used previously.

I found "copper crimp sleeves" that are meant for ground (only). NEC disallows them for anything else - but this is a box and therefore not subject to NEC (but I do want it to be safe). So I'd use them with electrical tape The problem is that the correct crimping tool seems to be quite important for a secure crimp/connection. Different manufacturers of what appear to be identical crimp sleeves call for (their own) specific crimping tool (Gardner Bender, Buchanan, Ideal, etc.) I have a nice Greenlee/Paladin crimp frame and would like to find the proper die for that, but it's not easy to get a definitive answer on which die will work for which size crimp sleeve from what particular manufacturer. Ugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RGB_Mixer View Post
    Wago wire nuts are rated for 20A and the largest wire size is #12
    My video is about the cam style Wago connectors, NOT the wire nuts. They are rated for 32 Amps, 240V and take up to a 2.5mm (CSA) wire.
    www.da-share.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - I conflated the wire nut comment from RGB_Mixer with your post about the wire-levers.

Post Thanks / Like

I need #10 AWG 5-conductor, item# 221-615. I found 150 minimum quantity from Wago... but $15 for 15 on Amazon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12