Thread: Odd behaviour - Scheduled sequences vs manual run

Post Thanks / Like

Default Odd behaviour - Scheduled sequences vs manual run

I'm trying to troubleshoot this here but having trouble finding a common pattern to help narrow down what might be going on so thought it was time to come here.

It seems to me that the only way I can get sequences to run is by setting up playlists and then creating a schedule to run them. However, it seems to me that during Halloween I was able to stop whatever was running via the web interface using an iPad and manually run sequences. I'm not able to replicate that behaviour right now though with my Christmas sequences. Right now it seems like I have to create the playlist and then a schedule....

Am I the only one experiencing this? Let me know what info you might need from me to help narrow down the issues here. I'm running FPP v 2.7.2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Odd behaviour - Scheduled sequences vs manual run

Nobody else experiencing issues manually playing sequences if you have schedules and playlists set?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Macboy;517286]Nobody else experiencing issues manually playing sequences if you have schedules and playlists set?[/QUOTE

If a sequence is in a playlist you can manually play it from the status page without running a schedule......or am I missing what you're trying to do?

Post Thanks / Like

Nope - you're right on the money there. That's exactly what "should" happen but in my case no matter what I click, nothing happens. The ONLY way I can get things to play it seems is if I put them in a playlist and set the playlist up in a schedule which then runs automagically (when scheduled).