Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exporting Renard with E1.31 to FPP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Exporting Renard with E1.31 to FPP

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    Jeff, do you rearrange your controllers in the export wizard to go in universe order? I do so it makes it easier to view them as a list in FPP output. Also, I use the same universe file for making a printable list that I can print out.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    I do not rearrange them. As bad as my OCD can be at times, the order really does not matter to me because I don't sped any time looking at it. I do all my testing in Vixen of the props once they are setup using the web interface and my iPad walking around the yard. Once I have everything fully functioning and tested in Vixen then the export process can begin. Vixen is the source and that is what matters to me as far as correctness. Then once all that is working, FPP is just a formality to me. I push the config and the sequences to it and in my experience it just works. I don't spend anytime reviewing it in FPP. I have 3 FPP instances to manage it over 3 houses here on the street, one master and 2 remotes, so I don't want to double manage stuff if it is not required. The Export Wizard will save the order you choose if you want to rearrange them so you don't have to do it each time which is an advantage over the single export in the editor. The single export in the editor is really more of a legacy holdover in my mind. I do have a mental note to look into creating a formatted printable list of what is exported which some folks have expressed an interest in having. It sounds like you are in that same camp. I think you and others where probably using the xml file from the single export to do that, but we can surely come up with something more friendly to satisfy that need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    I do not rearrange them. As bad as my OCD can be at times, the order really does not matter to me because I don't sped any time looking at it. I do all my testing in Vixen of the props once they are setup using the web interface and my iPad walking around the yard. Once I have everything fully functioning and tested in Vixen then the export process can begin. Vixen is the source and that is what matters to me as far as correctness. Then once all that is working, FPP is just a formality to me. I push the config and the sequences to it and in my experience it just works. I don't spend anytime reviewing it in FPP. I have 3 FPP instances to manage it over 3 houses here on the street, one master and 2 remotes, so I don't want to double manage stuff if it is not required. The Export Wizard will save the order you choose if you want to rearrange them so you don't have to do it each time which is an advantage over the single export in the editor. The single export in the editor is really more of a legacy holdover in my mind. I do have a mental note to look into creating a formatted printable list of what is exported which some folks have expressed an interest in having. It sounds like you are in that same camp. I think you and others where probably using the xml file from the single export to do that, but we can surely come up with something more friendly to satisfy that need.
    I actually open the .json file in notepad and heavily edit it to get the old fomat of universe setup. If you recall I created a post of this about a month or so ago. Excel likes this old format: 1,1,510,192.168.1.206
    Doesn't take me long to edit the .json file using find and replace in notepad. I just use the printed sheet as a reference in case I mess up something. It also provides a visual reference for which universes and channel are on which controller.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I think I should be able to generate that directly in an actual Excel or even a PDF document format that would be a little more portable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12