Thread: Just Getting Started (Again) for 2020

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Getting Started (Again) for 2020

I tried my best to get started early this year for 2019 XMas. However, a string of cascading bad events prevented anything from occurring. Now that I am back in a much better place, I am looking to get the first phase of my house done. I have a lot of research to do again and planning. I don't have much and trying to see if I still have the right base to start with. Here is what I have...

Falcon F16V3
    1x 12V PSU
    1x string of individual pixels that have been cut several time to practice connecting, playing around, soldering, etc.

Not much, but it was my starting base earlier this year until everything went south. Looking for suggestions or recommendations whether the F16V3 is still the right way to go. I have not seen anything that says there is a new defacto board to use. I will be doing much research again and start my purchasing early next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Just Getting Started (Again) for 2020

It is still a contest between the Falcon series controllers and the E682. I vote Falcon. I have 5 of them and could not image doing my show using anything else. I looked at the E682 and its UI did not do things in the way I want to do them. The Falcon lets me do what I want the way I want. NOTE: this is all very subjective and each user will have a different experience / preference.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Just Getting Started (Again) for 2020

Thanks for the info. All of this is a subjective game still I believe. My plan is to have something setup for my house for next year. This year will be my same boring lights. But at least it will be a happy Christmas unlike last year leading up to Sept. Things are much better and brighter now.