Thread: Inside Christmas Tree

Post Thanks / Like

Default Inside Christmas Tree

So most of us focus on the outside of our houses, and so do I usually. I have a full setup synced to music, with multiple elements. But I feel like my Christmas tree in my house is lacking in...pizazz. Right now I am using standard C9 bulbs, that don't change colors, blink or anything. Do any of you use anything cool on your trees? Color changing, etc? It obviously can't be too obnoxious, but it would be nice for the inside to be as cool as the outside....

Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Inside Christmas Tree

1. Load your tree with pixels instead of AC lights. In our case it is 4 strings of 200, 12v WS2811, power injected at both ends of each string.
    2. Connect to a controller. In our case, it is a Falcon F4V3 (no expansions).
    3. Once up, get a photo or a video of the tree while on test. (Helps you see where the pixels are, and makes some of the effects much easier.)
    4. Create a custom prop.
    5. Simple effects, such as wipes, bars, etc., along with sparkles and whole tree colors or combinations work well.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using pixels on my indoor tree for a few years now. The first year I used 200 of the technicolor C9 pixels that I had on hand but then I bought 200 of the C7 Pixastrings from DIYLEDExpress and have used those ever since. I drive them using FPP running on a BBB w/ F4-B cape. I string the lights just like a pixel tree with vertical runs and have some colored zip ties on the strings to remind me where to fold each year. The look isnt as perfect as my pixel tree in the front yard which uses EMT conduit to keep the pixels straight but it looks good for the indoor tree. I have a 5 minute sequence which changes effects every 30 seconds.

One of the things on my long term ToDo list is to get FPP taking to Alexa so I can have some form of control over the lights via voice.

Post Thanks / Like

I used 2 tree dazzlers on top of the pre lit incandescent lights last year and everyone loved it. Using them again this year.
    Take what you can, give nothing back!
    2010 - First Attack - Success!
    2011 - Survived Second Attack!
    2012 - In Total Control
    2013 - Calm Sailing
    2014 - I feel a change in the wind
    2015 - no show - Got lazy in Paradise
    2016 - Back on course
    2017 - no show - Laying in a New Course
    2018 - Hard to Remember
    2019 - Ah, Calm Lights on the Horizon - static
    2020 - Maybe? (Back in Friendly Seas)
    http://www.dreamweaverholidaylights.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I had a SS8 on mine for a couple years and strung the lights up and down like my outside tree and had it doing chases with Vixen.
    James Family Christmas - 1600 channels of SS Renard channels
    Website - http://jamesfamilychristmas.com/ <<broken
    Facebook - James Family Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMurdoch View Post
    I have been using pixels on my indoor tree for a few years now. The first year I used 200 of the technicolor “C9” pixels that I had on hand but then I bought 200 of the C7 Pixastrings from DIYLEDExpress and have used those ever since. I drive them using FPP running on a BBB w/ F4-B cape. I string the lights just like a pixel tree with vertical runs and have some colored zip ties on the strings to remind me where to fold each year. The look isn’t as perfect as my pixel tree in the front yard which uses EMT conduit to keep the pixels straight but it looks good for the indoor tree. I have a 5 minute sequence which changes effects every 30 seconds.

One of the things on my long term ToDo list is to get FPP taking to Alexa so I can have some form of control over the lights via voice.
    We just got Alexa, you gotta keep us up to date with how that works out.