Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One ESPixelStick Tiny Doesn’t Work

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: One ESPixelStick Tiny Doesn’t Work

I hope this shows enough. Everything works fine except for the ESPixelPop - Porch Railing controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave-1200Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Just some thoughts to maybe jar some other thoughts...
    Don't think it is a problem but should your railing just be universe 12 with 2 universes instead of two entries?
    Does vixen show the controllers and start channels correctly during export?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    Just some thoughts to maybe jar some other thoughts...
    Don't think it is a problem but should your railing just be universe 12 with 2 universes instead of two entries?
    Does vixen show the controllers and start channels correctly during export?
    All the other Pixels have separate lines for each universe so I agree I don't think that is the problem.
    As far as the export do you mean the json file? If so, here is the lines for those two universes. Either way I created the outputs config myself rather than use the json file.

{
    "active": 1,
    "description": "ESPixel Pop - Porch Railing",
    "id": 12,
    "startChannel": 5265,
    "channelCount": 512,
    "universeType": 0,
    "type": 0,
    "address": "",
    "priority": 0
    },
    {
    "active": 1,
    "description": "ESPixel Pop - Porch Railing",
    "id": 13,
    "startChannel": 5777,
    "channelCount": 88,
    "universeType": 0,
    "type": 0,
    "address": "",
    "priority": 0
    }
    Dave-1200Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

What does your Export to FSEQ look like, did you not export those channels?

It works fine from ESP and FPP testing, it works fine from Vixen so the only missing link is when you exported the sequences from Vixen to FSEQ.

Also why does the Universe 13 in your previous post say the start channel is 5777 when it should be 5797 as shown in your FPP outputs?
    Last edited by Ruppro; 12-02-2019 at 02:30 PM.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

From the vixen export of the channels, it looks like Univ 12 and 13 are setup incorrectly in fpp. 12 should start at 5265, 13 at 5777 your fpp page shows 12 starting at 5285 and 13 at 5797.

Also since its 1 esp should 13 be removed and universe count changed to 2 on 12?

--
    Shawn
    Last edited by sctwohig; 12-02-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post

It works fine from ESP and FPP testing, it works fine from Vixen so the only missing link is when you exported the sequences from Vixen to FSEQ.

Also why does the Universe 13 in your previous post say the start channel is 5777 when it should be 5797 as shown in your FPP outputs?
    Quote Originally Posted by sctwohig View Post
    From the vixen export of the channels, it looks like Univ 12 and 13 are setup incorrectly in fpp. 12 should start at 5265, 13 at 5777 your fpp page shows 12 starting at 5285 and 13 at 5797.

Also since its 1 esp should 13 be removed and universe count changed to 2 on 12?

--
    Shawn
    That is probably the problem. I originally thought I would need more pixels for this railing than I needed. I don't think I ever re-exported the sequences after I fixed the number of pixels from 450 to 200. I guess I still do not know how the fseq file is affected by the Vixen display setup. I will re-export the sequences and try it running FPP again tonight. Thanks for your help.
    Dave-1200Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

--
    Shawn
    You can do it either way, having multiple universes is something new, but I set up mine as 2 entries and they work fine. But yes something is off in the channel counts but unless it is off by 600 you should have something on the lights.

I had a similar issue on my roofline, the 1st 50 or so would light and then the last 80 or so. Turns out my 1st universe should have been 512 and I only had it set to 153 (the # of pixels in the preceding element)

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

I get absolutely nothing from FPP running a sequence. Only the display test page works and they all chase or whatever I select perfectly. But running from Vixen directly on a laptop they work great.

I re-exported the FSEQ filed with the corrected Vixen configuration with 600 channels but didn’t get home in time to try them before the show started at 5:30. Maybe tonight after 10:30 I can try them.

Dave-1200Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t see the problem with the start channels on universe 12 & 13. If you start at universe 1 + 164 and then add 512 for each universe after that you get 5285 and 5797.

My re-exported sequences didn’t make a difference.

Dave-1200Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post

--
    Shawn
    Your comments on the channel numbers got me to thinking. I looked at the config in Vixen this morning. I'm not 100% sure the config on this laptop matches what is on the show laptop but if it does I realized something. All the full universes are 510 channels up until the Porch Railing controller. It is 512 for universe 12 and 88 for universe 13. I will have to look at the show laptop tonight when I get home from work. But all the ESP's are at 512. I'm not sure what this means though. If the show laptop is 512 then that is why it works and all the sequences that are exported would have channel problems. It appeared in the quick test I did last night before bed that some of the other pixels weren't working correctly either.

I just thought of something from last year. As I have said before the only new item is the porch railing pixels. I looked at last years profile and all the vixen configs were 510 but I am pretty positive all the ESP's were set at 512. At least I don't remember changing them this year when I changed from DHCP to static IP. Hmm still need to check the show computer to see if it is 510 or 512. Either way the ESP's are definitely 512. I checked a picture I took of the ESPixelPop5 device settings and it is 512.
    Last edited by davdue; 12-03-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    Dave-1200Px-20KLts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast