Thread: FPP background effect from Vixen?

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP background effect from Vixen?

Basically, I need to create a background effect for one of my elements, that my current sequences don't include. But, when I try to create an effect in Vixen (export as Falcon Player Effect) , it includes "0" data for all the other models. This is a problem, since I have to leave unchecked "Pause background effect when playing fseq files" in FPP....so none of my other items show anything when the sequence is played. How do I get around this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP background effect from Vixen?

What are you trying to accomplish in the end?

Post Thanks / Like

I've added a miniren controller, and a string of pixels, to a big arch over my driveway. I've had something go awry with my pixels on the arch, that I cannot repair immediately. I have my old sequences that don't include these two elements, plus my new sequences that do.

Until I can fix the pixels on the arch, I simply want to turn on, and leave on, continuously the miniren channels. When I try to create an effect to turn on those static lights, I cannot use it as a background effect with Falcon Player as it seems to output null data for all of the rest of the channels that DO work. If I uncheck all the other devices when I export "Falcon Player Effect" from Vixen, then it seems to mess up the start channel for the effect.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm going to need to mock that up and see if I can come up with a solution. It just so happens I've got a prop I want to null out temporarily as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    I think I'm going to need to mock that up and see if I can come up with a solution. It just so happens I've got a prop I want to null out temporarily as well.
    I've never tried to do this before.... caught me off guard when it didn't work as expected. I think I could do it from Xlights, but I've never tried to do a model with multiple "strings" instead of pixels, and that has a learning curve too, and I've already put the hours in w/ Vixen.

For now as a workaround, I created an event in FPP with a model overlay and script to turn on both channels to 255, and am running that as the lead-in into my sequence.

Or I could stop over-complicating things and just walk out and plug the lights in to the main feed... but where's the fun in that?