Thread: Re-Flashing PIC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re-Flashing PIC

Hi all,

I am trying to reflash a pic on my renard ss8 to DMX firmware. I got everything working except the ZIF sopcket. I cannot figure out what position the jumpers need to be in for the PIC16F688 that is on the renard. My Picket 3 is working fine, here is my ZIF socket:

https://www.amazon.com/WINGONEER®-Pr...988598&sr=8-17

Also, does anyone know hos to convert a notepad file to a hex file?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Re-Flashing PIC

I'm not familiar with that Wingoneer board, but one of the Amazon reviews suggests there is writing on the back of the board that shows the jumper settings and where in the socket to place the PIC. Does yours have this? If so, I think the DIP14 settings should be right.

Post Thanks / Like

what soft ware are you using I been trying to flash pics with the renard firmware i cant seem to figure it out to save my life , I watched wayne j videos but im still clueless

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattrob View Post
    I'm not familiar with that Wingoneer board, but one of the Amazon reviews suggests there is writing on the back of the board that shows the jumper settings and where in the socket to place the PIC. Does yours have this? If so, I think the DIP14 settings should be right.
    Mine has the instructions on the back but I didn't see the configuration for the PIC on the renard board. I will try DIP14 settings. Also, where should I put the PIC on the socket?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perfection322008 View Post
    what soft ware are you using I been trying to flash pics with the renard firmware i cant seem to figure it out to save my life , I watched wayne j videos but im still clueless
    I am using the Picket 3 software that you can download here: http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/e...on%20v3.10.zip

Post Thanks / Like

It worked! Thank you guys, you have saved me because it is the day before my lighting ceremony. If anybody knows how to convert into a hex file that would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone guide me in the right direction with this thing where to place the pic and the jumpers the pic is for the renard ss24

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

This will help you , settings are on the back of your ziff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSkmPyhopRk

If your pic is the jumper current , you only need to change j1 -> B
    The ic notch faces the handle end of the adapter board .

This video is good as he shows a method to defeat failures when a knock off pickit is used .
    He is also quite comical in his explanation of cheap products , though serious when it comes to the diy aspect of converting a usb cable
    and the importance of disabling the power settings in the in the application when doing so .
    Last edited by angus40; 02-02-2020 at 05:41 PM.