Thread: Where do you store your decorations after the season?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where do you store your decorations after the season?

Hello All,

I know a lot of people have a lot of decorations they put up and I was wondering where do you store it till the next season. I live in southern California and we don't have a lot of storage at home and a small back yard. I also don't have a sophisticated set up using the software but I have a lot of lights and add to my house each year. I love seeing people drive by and smile at my effort and hope it makes them feel happy. So here is why I am asking my question, I am running out of storage locations in my garage and home and I would like to keep expanding year over year with mega trees, arches, walkway tunnels and this year I am adding an Axworthy Flying Santa and Reindeer above my house. I can take it all to a storage location but I was hoping to get other ideas from seasoned members that may sway me into a different direction.

Here is an example of my house from last season: Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/yNusUkrGlhM. I start putting up lights tomorrow with my boys to finish for the Police Santa Float which arrives in front of my house on Sunday evening.

Thank you,

Goofballs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where do you store your decorations after the season?

Mine go in the shed and in the basement.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a lot in my garage attic, and more in the shed. The shed stuff is the heavy or bulky stuff that wouldn't easily go into the attic. I've built wooden crates that hold my collapsed minitrees, and all of my coro props. It keeps them from getting damaged or tangled and makes them fit on the shelf nice and neatly.

Post Thanks / Like

When I had my basement remodeled I had a cargo lift added to the garage attic. Just a Harbor Freight wench and a hatch. Even approved by the building department because it wasn't man rated. Anything that fits through a 2'x4' hole goes up there.

Post Thanks / Like

Shed.
    (1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1)Falcon F16V3
    (1)Renard SS16
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Falcon Christmas
    Renard Controllers

Post Thanks / Like

Bought a small shed this summer, so when the lights come down after this season, they will go in bins in the shed. Well, the pieces and parts that can. Right now, they are on the house.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a walk in attic storage area. hooks to hang items from and most of it is in boxes
    519 Renard Channels
    1890 pixels channels
    Will it Ever Stop
    Cant Seem to Cure the C.L.A.P.
    Christmas Light Addiction Problem
    maybe more lights will help?

Post Thanks / Like

Combination of garage and shed. The garage is mainly tubs full of ext cords, string lights, controllers, and basically anything that can fit in a plastic tub. The shed is for all my blow molds and bigger pieces.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs
    2018 - 64 LOR Channels - New House - Total Redesign - 9,011 Lights - 5 Sequenced Songs (Interactive)
    2019 - 80 LOR Channels - Expecting 15,000+ Lights - 6-8 Sequences Songs (Interactive)

Ridgewood Lights - Facebook Page
    Ridgewood Lights - YouTube Video

Post Thanks / Like

In my boat garage -- on the walls and ceiling. For example...

IMG_0742.JPG

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

all the lights go into tubs and are stored in unfinished storage room in the basement. I have a metal shelf that the controllers mounted in CG-1500 demarcation boxes are stored on in the basement as well. All my props (mini trees, inflatables, blow-mold nativity, large (8' tall X 4" candy canes, wire reindeer, spiral trees, etc) go up in the attic above my garage. That is a total PITA to get up there and down, but not too bad when I have a helper to take down/put up the stuff.
    Dave-1200Px-20KLts