Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do you store your decorations after the season?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where do you store your decorations after the season?

That is a fine display you had there . The attic is a good spot that may be available. Also, if you haven't utilized the space near the ceiling of your garage, we have shelf things that hang from the ceiling (anchored into the studs). If you have any space out back, you can also pick up portable plastic sheds. They're easy to buy and set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Blowmolds go in a trash bag and then wrapped with stretch wrap. Then they go in the crawlspace under my house. Everything else goes in large bins stacked in the shed. Wife inventories each item as it gets placed into a numbered bin. She can tell me what is where, and won't let me into the bins without being there so she can keep track of it. Gosh I love her.

Jeff
    $20 annually. That's like 5.61 cents a day. I realize that's more than a nickel but its just a little more.
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Millard View Post
    Blowmolds go in a trash bag and then wrapped with stretch wrap. Then they go in the crawlspace under my house. Everything else goes in large bins stacked in the shed. Wife inventories each item as it gets placed into a numbered bin. She can tell me what is where, and won't let me into the bins without being there so she can keep track of it. Gosh I love her.

Jeff
    That's a keeper!
    Wish mine did more than ask, "when is OUR display going up I have people asking"......OUR is the part that always gets me...LOL
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrNeutron View Post
    That's a keeper!
    Wish mine did more than ask, "when is OUR display going up I have people asking"......OUR is the part that always gets me...LOL
    I'm very fortunate she worked in an arts and crafts warehouse for 28 years. She retired last Thursday. Yesterday she came to me with drawings of the shed with new shelves WE are going to build. Flip the W to indicate who is going to build the shelves. She said she's tired of having to wait for me to get home if she needs something out of a bin at the bottom of the stack. I feel her pain. In my arms, legs and lower back.

Jeff
    $20 annually. That's like 5.61 cents a day. I realize that's more than a nickel but its just a little more.
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a covered deck in our back yard. Lights go into bins then stored under that deck outside after they’ve been taken inside to dry for a week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

A few years back our old shed was no longer water tight and needed to go. So we took it down and I rebuilt a new bigger, almost two story, shed/barn. The shed/barn has an upper level that holds Christmas, I have shelving in the unit that will hold almost 40 standard totes, and there is still room for the wife's garden tools, lawn mower, and yard wagon. We were having the house re-sided and r-roofed at the time, so I had the shed done at the same time so it matches the house. Looks nice and holds all of my Christmas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12