Thread: HLS PREVIEW how tos and any info on where files go.

Post Thanks / Like

Default HLS PREVIEW how tos and any info on where files go.

I haven't been on this site for a few years due to many personal issues. Have been using HLS since the first version appeared.

This year I was hit with ramsom ware and lost all of the data files, except for personal and financial. Which means I am now trying to bring back my sequences.

Here is my problem it has been 3 years since using HLS and I have got stupid. I have gone thru the tutorials I could find, but none on making editing and displaying preview. Is there a tutorial on just the preview? I would also like information on the file layout and where things must be.

Sorry for the length of this, but would really appreciate any information available.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Al
    kd6rfv

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HLS PREVIEW how tos and any info on where files go.

If being forced to pretty much start from scratch and not really remembering how to use it, I would definitely recommend not using HLS. HLS has been pretty much dead for a couple years now. I would definitely grab xLights or Vixen3. If you want a show for this year, I'd grab xLights, create a layout, then grab some of the free sequences and map onto the layout. You could likely get a simple show up and running relatively quickly.
    Dan Kulp

Post Thanks / Like

Don't use HLS.

I stopped supporting it when I realized I could not sync audio to generated graphics that would create an emotion in the viewer.

I leave it up for the few that still use it and it's capabilities that might not be found in other sequencers.

If you have NOT used HLS in the past -- DO NOT Start NOW!!!.

Joe
    Link to my DownLoad Site: [B][COLOR=#ff0000][URL]http://www.joehinkle.com/HLS[/URL]

[/COLOR][/B][IMG]http://joehinkle.com/HLS/HLS%20Logo%20Small.jpg[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JHinkle View Post
    Don't use HLS.

I stopped supporting it when I realized I could not sync audio to generated graphics that would create an emotion in the viewer.

I leave it up for the few that still use it and it's capabilities that might not be found in other sequencers.

If you have NOT used HLS in the past -- DO NOT Start NOW!!!.

Joe
    When people stop knocking on my door or asking me on the side walk when the lights are going up , or if they stop lining the sidewalk 2 and 3 deep to watch and listen . HLS will continue to entertain them .
    Yeah I know , I am a stubborn old f@#$%$#@ ! But hey ..... there could be worse things .