Thread: Network Issues

Post Thanks / Like

Default Network Issues

We are running a show with a LOR network (USB485) and software (LOR-5.3.10 Pro), as well as 6 Holiday Coro boxes running RGB. We have 4 - 4 channel boxes running arches, roof lights, star, spinner and 2 - 16 channel boxes running a mega tree and a couple of other items. The IP addresses range from 192.168.0 50 to 192.168.0.56. We connected everything up and half of the mega tree and most other stuff on 0.51 was not running. All other boxes are running the sequence correctly. For simplicity sake, I will use output 1 through 16 and universe 1 through 16 on this controller. Universe 1-9 is the mega, strip-10, strip-11,arch-12, arch-13, roof-14. The only two outputs working are 7 (Universe 7) and 14, (Universe 14). and they are something different than what the sequence shows. 7 is running roof and 14 is running an arch. There is no data coming to the other outputs. I purchased a new HC Flex Controller last year, so I unboxed it and tried it in place of the older 16 channel box and got the same result. I then isolated the sequence to only that box by unplugging the LOR network and hooking up 0.51 directly to the computer...same result. I changed the IP address of the box to 0.60 and got the same result. I shut off the firewall and antivirus with no change. Both boxes work fine in test mode. Lastly, I have gone through the network configuration multiple times in the LOR software and in the HC Box configuration and I see no issues in either of those. Lastly, I created a new sequence with only the mega tree and it will not run. Any pointers or tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Network Issues

Your post is a bit confusing. It would help if you used paragraphs to seperate out the facts.

But first of all, if a LOR network is RS485, it's not an Ethernet system and IP addressed units aren't going to work on it. Do you really know what you're using?

The rest of your issues don't provide enough information to make an informed guess.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

I know it is confusing. I am running both incandescent and pixels. The LOR runs off of USB to RS485 adapter and the RGB's are running through the computer's network. I know exactly what I am using and I know what I am doing.

I will try to phrase it differently and simplify it.

The 6 Holiday Coro boxes are running a variety of items and all are working correctly, with the exception of one, on this years sequencing.

One of the boxes refuses to "listen" to the data coming in. I can log into the box and can ping it without issue. I can run test mode on the box and the lights run as they should. When I run a completed sequence, the controller randomly runs a different universe on different portions of the controller to output 7 and 14. The remainder of the outputs are not sending data to the lights.

I get the same result on another controller that had not previously been hooked up and was new in the box. Again, any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Need to know what kind of controllers you have in the Holiday Coro boxes, RGB could mean dumb RGB or Pixels.

Can you provide screenshots of the configuration pages for the Pixel controllers as well as your sequencing setups, especially for the one that is not working.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

I am running the 16 output Alphapix classic E1.31 controller and the 16 output Flex Expansion E1.31 controller (new out of box controller). All of our pixels are smart pixels.

I will need to send screenshots of the controller setup when I get home. Half of the mega tree (output 1 through 9 and universe 29 through 37) is running on this controller and shown int he attachment:

LOR1.JPG
    Last edited by kjlockhart; 11-25-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

did you try a different switch port?

can you try using different universe numbers on the "bad" controller?

Post Thanks / Like

We did change the switch port. We also tried using different universes. I am attaching screenshots of the setup in LOR and in the controller.Box Config.JPGBox Config2.JPGListener2.JPGLOR network.JPGLOR network2.JPG
    Last edited by kjlockhart; 11-26-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

all attachments are bad
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

All links should be working now. We went in and changed all universes to 100 through 114 on the new controller and nothing changed, with the exception that we did not have random stuff running through output 7, 14-16.

There are a couple of things I am going to try when I get home:

1) I notice in the LOR Listener, it is opening ports with a 0.0 address. There is not a box with a 0.0 IP address. I am going to make sure that those universes are no longer addressed.

2) The box on the other half of the mega tree works flawlessly. I am going to unplug the network cable from the box that works and re-address the box that is not sending signal to the 192.168.0.52 that is working. If the lights run, it is a software issue. If they do not, it is most likely hardware.
    Last edited by kjlockhart; 11-26-2019 at 12:21 PM.