Thread: Lost element

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lost element

Iin vixen build #930, setup previews, Preview configuration. I zoomed in on an element to resize it clicked on it and it disappeared, move somewhere, it is no longer on my preview I can't find it or see it. It is still on the element tree, when I click on it in the element tree the properties nothing shows up so I can manually input the location, you must click on the element to manually input the location. how do I relocate, find my element?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lost element

This happens to me all the time. I do control-z to undo, zoom out as far as possible, move my element to a corner, resize. Retry the corners until it shows up on the screen. but now that you mentioned that the xy coord work it would be best to record those and pop them in when it wanders away.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    I do control-z to undo, zoom out as far as possible, move my element to a corner, resize.
    Too late, Iv'e already saved and restarted vixen. How can I find my lost element?

Post Thanks / Like

Many times when they loose the coordinates, they are in the upper left corner at 0,0 and you can try and click up there to select it. If not, then if you want to zip up the profile and give me a dropbox style link to it I can probably recover it if it is still there. I would just need to know which element it is.

Post Thanks / Like

When I draw a selection box to the upper left it selects all of my snowflakes, eventhough they were not in the selected box.

Where do I sent my profile to?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I zipped my profile and it's 1.5gb, is this a common size? i found a file
    \Documents\Vixen 3\.git\objects\06 that is 716MB
    File name: 66661b8cc3b6d887031b140cd0f63fc92ac95e
    I"m not sure if I need this or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I sent you a PM with the specific file fixed. That git folder you refer to is for the version control. It is not needed when passing us a profile to take a look at, but does not hurt anything other than making the archive bigger.

Post Thanks / Like

not to hi-jack a thread, but I was sequencing this afternoon, came back tonight and my stars ( 4 of them) and my singing bulbs have suddenly disappeared from my preview. The are in the elements of the timeline, and the elements of the preview configuration, but don't show up during the playback.

There is no properties for any of them. I am going to run a test to see if the actual elements light up outside in a second.

But can anyone tell me how to get them back on the screen??

Addition to this post...... The elements all work outside, so why not on the screen??
    Last edited by bcer960; 11-29-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like something odd happened and their coordinates are offscreen for some reason. I am not sure the condition that occurs for that to happen. I am working on some code to detect that and move them back. Until then, zip up the profile and PM me a dropbox style link to it and I will edit the config to move them back like I did for the OP.