Thread: What Color code are you using to get "soft white" in Vixen?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Color code are you using to get "soft white" in Vixen?

I realize this question has many variables, like pixel type, power output, curve etc.  But I've never been a fan of what I call "led white".  That blue-ish white when Led's first came on the market for Christmas lights, and they couldn't emulate what the white incandescents looked like.  At least not for anything other than icicles   Assuming ws2811 bullets, anybody have a good color code or preset they can suggest that looked a little more like Warm white/soft white (also known by it's rough color temperature designation of ~2700 Kelvin).  I know it's also subjective, but haven't had much luck myself.  The colors in the picker seem to be way off what actually displays.  Not the wrong color, this isn't a color code thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What Color code are you using to get "soft white" in Vixen?

Nobody at all except for me wants to be able to use "incandescent white" at least sometimes? over "blue steel white" lol

Post Thanks / Like

Try using gold and lower the intensity, don't use 100%

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I think I accidentally did this while using FPP test mode and selecting color with the color spectrum square it provides (btw if you have FPP this would allow you to very rapidly figure this out). I don't have a color code for you off the top of my head for Vixen but shoot for the yellow spectrum with brightness turned down. "Blue steel white" you nailed it, lol, I instally pictured my LEDs on all white.
    youtu.be/nBL9qYPaXwQ