Thread: Rope Light writing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rope Light writing

Hey all. I am looking to write "Merry Christmas" and hang it vertical. I was wondering what is the best way to secure it to the house? I was wanting to put it on plywood or a similar materal if I can find something that is lighter, but I'm not sure whats the best way to secure it to the house without drilling into the house and through the siding. I am not sure if they make a bracket that is strong enough to hold this weight. I was thinking using these https://www.amazon.com/Siding-No-Hol.../dp/B07YS4KW4Y but they are only rated to 18 lbs.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rope Light writing

Each letter should not be more than 18 lbs if you are using lightweight backer (cut away as much as you can). You could stack a bunch of those clips per letter and should be fine.

Alternately, use dual cables screwed into a roof tail in your soffit area. Secure the bottom side into a earth anchor. Or stretch a rope over the top of the building and secure it in the back yard. I suspect you might have some "slack" problems doing this but it shouldn't mess anything up too bad and you can tighten it up every couple of days.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rope Light writing

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    Each letter should not be more than 18 lbs if you are using lightweight backer (cut away as much as you can). You could stack a bunch of those clips per letter and should be fine.

Alternately, use dual cables screwed into a roof tail in your soffit area. Secure the bottom side into a earth anchor. Or stretch a rope over the top of the building and secure it in the back yard. I suspect you might have some "slack" problems doing this but it shouldn't mess anything up too bad and you can tighten it up every couple of days.
    I guess its my fault. I didnt specify and also I dont know if I am in the right forum. I'm looking to do the writing with the rope light on one big board. Not cut outs.