Thread: Using STARBURST to configure a FAN

Post Thanks / Like

Default Using STARBURST to configure a FAN

Here is the setup:

11 spokes. 4 spokes are 30 pixels, 6 spokes are 45 pixels and 1 spoke 60 pixels, 180 degrees. 450 pixels total. I have 2 of these.

Jon told me (a long time ago) how I could potentially configure a fan. The spokes are different lengths. Something about blanking pixels? Tried to look back but did not find my OLD POST.

Starburst would be the frame I would use. I want to make Vixen think they are all 60 pixel spokes but have them behave like I have them laid out.
    -Eddie

The missus wants to ride!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Using STARBURST to configure a FAN

Do you have a picture of the prop and possibly a picture or video of what kind of effect you are looking to see on it?
    My first guess would be you should probably be setting this up as a custom prop in the custom prop editor.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Nick that a custom prop is probably the way to go now that we have that option. However, I can still explain my fan suggestion from back then. It's even easier now that you can set up the prop and elements all in the preview setup. The fan is basically half of a starburst. You could create a starburst , set the rotation so the first arm is where you want it. And then just delete the element groups for the arms that don't exist in your show. The extra points/arms will still exist in your preview setup, and they'll be unlinked. They'll never light up though since there's no element linked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StickyWicket View Post
    Do you have a picture of the prop and possibly a picture or video of what kind of effect you are looking to see on it?
    My first guess would be you should probably be setting this up as a custom prop in the custom prop editor.
    MED Red-640x320.jpg

This is the layout ... my idea is to use 2 pixel rings (possibly vary in color) to grow IN and OUT

One of the few props that I do not have to secure to the ground in any way - yup, it is heavy too.
    -Eddie

Post Thanks / Like

Based on that picture, the custom prop is the way to go if you want to get the best depiction of it. It would not take that much time and you can configure all the needed groups, patching order and then you can import as many of them as you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    Based on that picture, the custom prop is the way to go if you want to get the best depiction of it. It would not take that much time and you can configure all the needed groups, patching order and then you can import as many of them as you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info. Made the custom prop .. how do I use it when setting up my controller? That has be baffled - looked at everything I could imagine ... import? How?

Thanks for the assist!
    -Eddie

Post Thanks / Like

Just drop the custom prop into the preview and it will automatically create the elements for you. That's all you need to do to do your sequencing. Then when you're ready to patch it to the controllers, just patch the elements to the controller channels as usual.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    Just drop the custom prop into the preview and it will automatically create the elements for you. That's all you need to do to do your sequencing. Then when you're ready to patch it to the controllers, just patch the elements to the controller channels as usual.
    Jon, ahhhh! Got it ... worked nicely.

TY
    -Eddie