Thread: Looking for sequence help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for sequence help

I know this is a do it yourself forum. But would anyone here be willing to discuss with me separately some options of programming a display for me? I really enjoy doing this and putting the lights up. But my abilities to program songs is terrible. I canít follow a beat or visualize anything.

Would anyone be willing to do something of this nature? Hoping it would be great benefit for someone who could use the extra cash to fund their hobby. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for sequence help

I am the same way and from what I have read on forums over the last year a lot are as well. I am currently in the process of moving away from Vixen and going to Xlights for this same reason. Xlights community and their software seems to be geared towards sharing the hobby not ignoring you like Vixen community. In Xlights software there is a built in drop menu for sharing check out the screen shot of the sequences and those are just the ones that fit on screen, they also share other holidays and general sequences and singing faces as well. Check out the screen shot BTW I have not yet dug deep into Xlights to get shares working currently building and setting up my models and lights but feel free to email and I will share anything I find out

Post Thanks / Like

I am the same way and from what I have read on forums over the last year a lot are as well. I am currently in the process of moving away from Vixen and going to Xlights for this same reason. Xlights community and their software seems to be geared towards sharing the hobby not ignoring you like Vixen community. In Xlights software there is a built in drop menu for sharing check out the screen shot of the sequences and those are just the ones that fit on screen, they also share other holidays and general sequences and singing faces as well. Check out the screen shot BTW I have not yet dug deep into Xlights to get shares working currently building and setting up my models and lights but feel free to email and I will share anything I find ouUntitled.jpgt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mojuave1 View Post
    Xlights community and their software seems to be geared towards sharing the hobby not ignoring you like Vixen community.
    The Vixen community I am part of are very willing to share and we do not intentionally ignore anyone. There are a few members that have shared their profiles and sequencing for others. I added logic into Vixen this year to make sharing easier for those that want to share, but I don't think many folks have realized it is there yet to begin to utilize it. I have seen a lot of Vixen profiles from various users over the years and they are very diverse with the number and type of props. I also know that sharing is not as cookie cutter as many folks may want to think it is. You have to adapt what the origin sequence props are to your props and they may not be a one to one fit unless you find someone that has props that are similar to your arrangement. This is especially true for those of us that sequence to the prop and are not heavy users of whole house effects that are generic and fit a wider range of things. At the end of the day, the choice is yours as to what software you choose to use based on your needs, but I would not discount the helpfulness of the Vixen community in that process.

Edit: I would also add that if you have access to Lip-sync timings from xLights, those can be imported into Vixen and well as Vixen Lip-sync or timing marks. The biggest part of Faces is the timing marks for the vocals. Once you have that, the effects in Vixen and the Face mapping do all the hard work for you.
    Last edited by jeffu231; 12-25-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mojuave1 View Post
    I am the same way and from what I have read on forums over the last year a lot are as well. I am currently in the process of moving away from Vixen and going to Xlights for this same reason. Xlights community and their software seems to be geared towards sharing the hobby not ignoring you like Vixen community. In Xlights software there is a built in drop menu for sharing check out the screen shot of the sequences and those are just the ones that fit on screen, they also share other holidays and general sequences and singing faces as well. Check out the screen shot BTW I have not yet dug deep into Xlights to get shares working currently building and setting up my models and lights but feel free to email and I will share anything I find ouUntitled.jpgt
    You're complaining about being ignored by the Vixen community, yet the original post was put up during the ultimate of crunch times for all of us. I, as well as countless others in the Vixen community, are more than willing to help out in any way possible. Yes this particular post was posted during the busiest time for, not only those of us with shows, but also for this forum, so it got pushed out of the most current feed. Furthermore, it wasn't posted in the Vixen 3 part of the forum, so it was easily missed. You're accusation of being ignored is ridiculous and unwarranted. Enjoy Xlights!

To TravisB; though I would not be willing to plan your entire show, I will certainly give my input on layout design as well as share my sequences with you for free. Just let me know.