Thread: HinksPix PRO AC controller, from holidaycoro.

Post Thanks / Like

Default HinksPix PRO AC controller, from holidaycoro.

I just bought one of these because I was told that it supports 8 amps per channel and allows you to dim the channels.

First the test interface inside the controller doesn't work at all, whats up with that? I have every port checked ON and nothing is on..

Second I figured out how to break into the test sequences using the buttons on the board, videos show this is supposed to have a dimming test... not on my board!

Third I've sent E1.31 data to the board requesting diff dimming levels, it appears to just go on/off! Why???

I chatted with holidaycoro before purchase and was told this supported dimming! Am I doing something wrong here? I'm using the same devices I used to control and dim with an older renard system. Simply looking at adding a second and liked the wifi/ethernet this has so went here instead!

Anybody know does this board really support dimming?!? Why in the crap does the "Testing AC Ports 1-16" screen do absolutely nothing?!? By this screen it appears I should be able to dim because it gives a 1-100% set button... that doesn't do anything LOL, but its there!

I was fully ready to have to play with dimming curves and re-tweak to get things to look right... but its either 100% on or 100% off... nothing inbetween right now.

This is a brand new board for me, first time I've attempted to use it. Right now all I can get it to do is turn channels on and off... no dimming!
    Last edited by CowboyJeeper; 11-16-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HinksPix PRO AC controller, from holidaycoro.

It is a new board this year. It likely will have limited users. Joe makes good stuff. If he says it has dimming, it certainly will dim.

Do your load lights support dimming?

Post Thanks / Like

Same lights that I used to dim with my older renard. Just bought it this year, direct from holidaycoro it took me a little while to hook it up, but its not a month old yet (almost).

Also tried to dim a light bulb in a lamp... I dim this bulb all the time via alexa commands. The light is either 100% on or off...
    Last edited by CowboyJeeper; 11-17-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Contact Joe. Iíve dealt with him in the past. Heís a straight up guy. If thereís an issue heíll work through it with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I just happened across this thread and found out I had my head up my a....

I was doing some testing and had disabled dimming - got distracted and never turned it back on.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience my blunder has caused you.

I just released new software which brings back dimming. Just make sure your controller is connected to the Internet and it will update itself.

Just to let you know -- if you call HolidayCoro's support phone number - you have direct access to me. Had you called, I could have addressed this earlier -- again -- sorry for my blunder.

Joe
    Link to my DownLoad Site: [B][COLOR=#ff0000][URL]http://www.joehinkle.com/HLS[/URL]

[/COLOR][/B][IMG]http://joehinkle.com/HLS/HLS%20Logo%20Small.jpg[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyJeeper View Post
    I just bought one of these because I was told that it supports 8 amps per channel and allows you to dim the channels.

First the test interface inside the controller doesn't work at all, whats up with that? I have every port checked ON and nothing is on..

Second I figured out how to break into the test sequences using the buttons on the board, videos show this is supposed to have a dimming test... not on my board!

Third I've sent E1.31 data to the board requesting diff dimming levels, it appears to just go on/off! Why???

I chatted with holidaycoro before purchase and was told this supported dimming! Am I doing something wrong here? I'm using the same devices I used to control and dim with an older renard system. Simply looking at adding a second and liked the wifi/ethernet this has so went here instead!

Anybody know does this board really support dimming?!? Why in the crap does the "Testing AC Ports 1-16" screen do absolutely nothing?!? By this screen it appears I should be able to dim because it gives a 1-100% set button... that doesn't do anything LOL, but its there!

I was fully ready to have to play with dimming curves and re-tweak to get things to look right... but its either 100% on or 100% off... nothing inbetween right now.

This is a brand new board for me, first time I've attempted to use it. Right now all I can get it to do is turn channels on and off... no dimming!
    Your comment on 8 amps per channel --- THAT needs clarification.

I use 8 amp triacs for each output. I would not drive them at 8 amps - I specified 6 amps. The AC board has a 15 amp fuse to protect 8 ports - so if you try to drive several of them at maximum capability, you will blow the fuses.

I just wanted to clarify because it sounded like you wanted to drive 16 ports at 8 amps each -- that's 48 amps -- or a nice toaster oven

I hope you enjoy board.

You can also drive the board in StandAlone mode (off an SD card - no computer required) -- you can check out the capability on joehinkle.com

Joe
    Link to my DownLoad Site: [B][COLOR=#ff0000][URL]http://www.joehinkle.com/HLS[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JHinkle View Post
    I just happened across this thread and found out I had my head up my a....

I was doing some testing and had disabled dimming - got distracted and never turned it back on.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience my blunder has caused you.

I just released new software which brings back dimming. Just make sure your controller is connected to the Internet and it will update itself.

Just to let you know -- if you call HolidayCoro's support phone number - you have direct access to me. Had you called, I could have addressed this earlier -- again -- sorry for my blunder.

Joe
    Thanks, the new FW fixed me right up! Kinda wish I had a dimming test using nothing but the hardware buttons... that still seems to be missing. But everything else works, and the button thing probably WAD ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

The testing at the board itself (Right Click on reset) is only hard on-off testing prior to shipping. Users can use it to verify lights but the Web Page test is really the test process.

Never had dimming at the buttons.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

So you might want to tell holidaycoro to update the site...

http://www.holidaycoro.com/16-Output...ix-p/942-6.htm

That link shows 8 amp max. 6 amps is plenty for me, especially considering as you said its only a 15 amp input.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyJeeper View Post
    So you might want to tell holidaycoro to update the site...

http://www.holidaycoro.com/16-Output...ix-p/942-6.htm

That link shows 8 amp max. 6 amps is plenty for me, especially considering as you said its only a 15 amp input.
    Updated per request.