Thread: Mega tree and Vixen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mega tree and Vixen

Built a mini mega tree 10 strands 23 nodes I set the falcon controller for zigzag at 23 for each universe split at 115 nodes each. In Vixen only string 1-5 are responding with correct orientation. It actually does do zigzag BUT if I do say a wipe diagonally up strands 1-5 wipe up as its supposed to but 6-10 wipe in opposite directions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mega tree and Vixen

if you started at bottom left you ended up at top right at the end of string 5. String 6 probably started at the top instead of the bottom. I don't zigzag but I'm pretty sure it is important that you only zigzag one place (controller or sequencer). BTW, Vixen doesn't respond to "correct orientation". Vixen is just just the start of the "correct orientation". If it is wrong in Vixen, you can correct down line but you should fix it in vixen (patching that is).

In the controller, you set 2 outputs to 115 pixels zigzag at 23 and you are wired for two outputs starting at bottom left for each?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mega tree and Vixen

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    if you started at bottom left you ended up at top right at the end of string 5. String 6 probably started at the top instead of the bottom. I don't zigzag but I'm pretty sure it is important that you only zigzag one place (controller or sequencer). BTW, Vixen doesn't respond to "correct orientation". Vixen is just just the start of the "correct orientation". If it is wrong in Vixen, you can correct down line but you should fix it in vixen (patching that is).

In the controller, you set 2 outputs to 115 pixels zigzag at 23 and you are wired for two outputs starting at bottom left for each?
    Thank you Very much so yes 5 is an odd number so when 6 started at top my zigzag worked but in reverse (well sort of) I split into 6 and 4 so all strings 1 and 7 originate at the boittom. Now I found that although it is working ok they are all reversed so my tree started at lower right but when I play something it starts at lower left on my physical tree.