Thread: Rings on a starburst

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rings on a starburst

I want to divide my 20 prong/28led starburst into rings, I've started selecting each pixel to create rings, but it's rather time consuming and I'm lazy Is there an easy way to achieve this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rings on a starburst

The easy way is to open the element tree and then copy, paste. I go through and select multiple elements before i paste into the new group. That will save approx 1.3 seconds.

You can now create elements and groups in the setup preview window from the element tree. This makes visualising a lot easier as the nodes highlight as you select.
    The developers have mentioned they will work on the ability to click on the nodes to create groups from the display. This will be a great time saver and I will not be scared to re patch my snowflakes when that comes in.

Post Thanks / Like

May I suggest (And I use this a lot in Javascript / web development) that a filter option is added, then as you type only the nodes that contain the text type are shown, then super quick to select.. see attachment as simple example
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mat-Moo View Post
    May I suggest (And I use this a lot in Javascript / web development) that a filter option is added, then as you type only the nodes that contain the text type are shown, then super quick to select.. see attachment as simple example
    This is a good idea. We like constructive suggestions like these. But they often get lost when just mentioned in a forum thread. To make an feature request that doesn't get lost in the forums and gets properly tracked by our team, create an improvement ticket at bugs.vixenlights.com. One ticket per idea.