Thread: Finally took the plunge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally took the plunge

Hey there, Iím Keaton from Louisiana. After watching everyone else have fun for the past 2 years, I finally took the plunge to go down this rabbit hole. I figured why not take another dive into another expensive and complex hobby, which apparently I have an addiction to. (R/C planes, saltwater fish, and public fireworks displays as well).

I just ordered a Falcon F48, Falcon Differential Smart Reciever, 500 12v pixels, a Meanwell power supply, and few other doo dads. I plan to just make a wreath and snowflake for this year as a sort of proof of concept.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, other that just wanted say hello.
    Last edited by KMC Pyro; 11-16-2019 at 12:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Finally took the plunge

Hi Keaton,

Best tip I can give you is read the wiki, and start playing. Arm yourself with a little knowledge, and if you have trouble with something fire away with a question. Just keep in mind, this is a busy time of year for a lot of us setting up our displays so it might take a bit for an answer.

Welcome to the madness!

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

I would encourage you to check out videos as well - I know xLights has some training videos and I would also recommend hitting YouTube and looking up CanispaterChristmas. I'm sure there are others out there, but those two stand out as being quite helpful for those getting started.

Welcome to the show!

Post Thanks / Like

First started out watching Matt Johnson two years ago, then Iíve been binge watching Jeff Lacey with CanispaterChristmas for the past few weeks. Good stuff on his channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk