Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: basic lighting help required

Post Thanks / Like

Default basic lighting help required

I am trying to get the direction reversed in a wipe effect (although I can't get it to work in any other effect) I go into the direction window, hit either invert curve, or reverse curve, and nothing happens. I hit update (if I can get it to light up) and still nothing. Now I noticed that the window seems to be longer than my screen, library seems to have more to it, but I cannot get the window to open up or slide down to see whats in it. I am thinking maybe there is another button down there I need to push.

diraction.jpg

Please let me know what I am missing.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: basic lighting help required

the curve you're working with is the intensity curve for the wipe pulse. It's not the movement of the pulse action. To change the direction of movement, use the dropdown box for up/down/left/right, etc..

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'll try this another way. I now have the screen shot for the chase. I am trying to change the direction of the chase effect. I cannot do this as the update button does not show up when I reverse the curve in the direction window. As i said in the other post, I have found this in several effects, chase, wipe dissolve. I am trying to get the effect to go in the opposite direction.

diraction.jpg

Thanks

Also, what is in the library in the bottom of the screen, and how do I see it?

Post Thanks / Like

ok, sorry for a stupid question here, my wife, while trying to figure out how to reverse the effect, removed the sequence timeline. How do I get it back??

Attachment 42093

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    Ok, I'll try this another way. I now have the screen shot for the chase. I am trying to change the direction of the chase effect. I cannot do this as the update button does not show up when I reverse the curve in the direction window. As i said in the other post, I have found this in several effects, chase, wipe dissolve. I am trying to get the effect to go in the opposite direction.

diraction.jpg

Thanks

Also, what is in the library in the bottom of the screen, and how do I see it?
    It looks like you have your windows display scaling set too high. It's cutting off the windows. If you can't hit the OK button, the changes aren't going to take effect. Vixen works best on a 1080p display at no higher than 125% desktop scaling. If your display resolution is lower than that, or if you have the scaling set higher, things are going to fall off the screen. You don't really really need to use the curve editor form though. You can do all of the same stuff right in the curve in the effect editor. Control Shift click on the curve inverts the curve. Alt Shift click reverses it. Control click adds a point, alt click removes a point.

There's nothing in the library until you put something there. It' a place to keep curves you use often.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for that, I will work on it. Please let me know how to get the time line back. she clicked the pin, and it went away

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    ok, sorry for a stupid question here, my wife, while trying to figure out how to reverse the effect, removed the sequence timeline. How do I get it back??

Attachment 42093
    It looks like you've got your sequence editor all messed up. The timeline is there, but it's tabbed with all that other stuff up in the top pane. That's not going to be very useful. To reset your layout to default do the following:
    Close vixen
    go to the start menu
    type %appdata%\vixen and hit enter
    delete the file timedsequenceeditorform.xml
    and then restart vixen. The editor will open with the default layout.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you. It's back

Post Thanks / Like

You should be able to hit return in the bigger curve editor dialog and it should act as hitting the Ok button if you are not able to adjust your display settings. The alternative is to edit the curve inline without opening the big editor. Give this video a look to see how to edit the curves inline without having to open the larger editor.

https://youtu.be/wY3SaB0lZfA

Post Thanks / Like

Thank-you Jeff,

I know I have soooo much to learn, and am running out of time to do it, at least for this season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast