Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: ESPixelStick v3 Setup Help

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick v3 Setup Help

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    Sounds like the PUYA chip problem. Do your ESP modules have PUYA chips? If so, you need to search out the fix for the PUYA chip or replace the memory. The change to the code is pretty simple but it does involve doing your own programming.
    I am not sure which chips they are, without looking but I purchased them directly from Forkineye on Amazon.

    However, just some information if anyone encounters this issue. I was able to fix the problem. The problem must be with internet explorer. I tried on 2 different computers and the same result. So I connected my phone to my show network and was able to log into the ESPixelSticks and low and behold all the information is there. I had a handful of options that wasn’t on IE. Pixel count, Gamma correction, etc. so a little confused why my phone worked but IE didn’t. So I opened up google chrome and all my information regards the sticks was there along with designating the number of pixels controlled by each stick. So I was able to make this change and all my lights are working in test mode (sort of) they all light I will say that.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lizella, GA
    Posts
    1,483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick v3 Setup Help

    Quote Originally Posted by Byhova View Post
    I am not sure which chips they are, without looking but I purchased them directly from Forkineye on Amazon.

    However, just some information if anyone encounters this issue. I was able to fix the problem. The problem must be with internet explorer. I tried on 2 different computers and the same result. So I connected my phone to my show network and was able to log into the ESPixelSticks and low and behold all the information is there. I had a handful of options that wasn’t on IE. Pixel count, Gamma correction, etc. so a little confused why my phone worked but IE didn’t. So I opened up google chrome and all my information regards the sticks was there along with designating the number of pixels controlled by each stick. So I was able to make this change and all my lights are working in test mode (sort of) they all light I will say that.
    IE is slowly dying, and Edge is not much better than IE for the PixelStick firmware. I fine that Chrome or Firefox works best for accessing the web interface and being able to work in it.
    Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •