Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falcon serial output

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falcon serial output

Ok, I posted about the whole issue in the general renard forum, but Iíll post here since I know a lot of you guys probably donít Look through the renard portion.

Other than setting the addresses for the renard channels on the falcon web server, making the DMX to renard ďcrossoverĒ cable, setting the jumpers on the f16v3 to DMX, configuring the serial outputs on the web server for renard, and patching the renard outputs to the correct addresses via e1.31 in vixen, is there something else Iím missing here?

It works, but Iím only getting 288 channels from it. The controllers past that are receiving data according to the TR 24 data light, but no lights. Serial dongle from PC works fine for renards, so they all work and receive data.

Running falcon f16v3, vixen 3.6u3, 432 renard channels, and a pixel tree with 1504 pixels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Falcon serial output

I posted about Falcon 16v3 and Renard SS issues last season. I could not get it to work correctly and had a serious delay issue on the Renard data going through the Falcon.

I tried everything I could think of and finally gave up on passing Renard data through the F16v3. I ended up using a E.31 Bridge and that worked great with no timing issues.

Then after some research I found a post by someone here who solved the problem by using FPP on a Raspberry Pi. The Rpi Ethernet goes to the F16v3 and the Rpi USB goes to the first Renard... I thought that was a neat solution!

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same issue with passing data through the Falcon to a SS24. AC lights would turn off and on but were so delayed it wasn't even worth it. Went with a USB to rs485 adapter from my laptop and it works fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjrobin27 View Post
    I had the same issue with passing data through the Falcon to a SS24. AC lights would turn off and on but were so delayed it wasn't even worth it. Went with a USB to rs485 adapter from my laptop and it works fine.
    Yeah I guess thatís what Iím going to end up having to do... the falcon passes the data through the serial out to the renards but it looks like it doesnít pass all of it.

Iím kind of wondering if this is an issue with the firmware. I donít think I have updated to 2.54 yet. I may end up trying that first then go from there. If that works Iíll try to let everyone know.

The issue Iím having just doesnít really make sense to me, especially since Iíve got enough addresses slotted for serial out, and Iíve tried addressing both before and after the pixel tree. I know all the renards work, and I know the dmx to renard ďcrossoverĒ cable works, because I still get something out. Iíve got a couple other ideas I may try. Like I said, Iíll keep things updated here as I can.

I just want it to work the way it is designed to.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=marknbacon;515785]
    I just want it to work the way it is designed to. [QUOTE]

So did I, in fact I thought it must be designed to pass Renard serial correctly so I spent a lot of time and testing on trying to make it work. My advice is to save time and frustration and do it another way outside the F16v3.

Post Thanks / Like

I run a Falcon F16V3 with a SS24 and SS16 and have no issues. I'm not at home to look to see what the Serial setting are. I believe Baud rate was 57600 and stop bits was 1.
    I do remember that even though it would save the settings,they were displayed wrong.
    Last edited by Kev7274; 11-13-2019 at 08:59 PM.
    (1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1)Falcon F16V3
    (1)Renard SS16
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Falcon Christmas
    Renard Controllers

Post Thanks / Like

I have about 120 Renard SS channels but when I was trouble shooting this problem I disconnected from the outside lights and ran a Renard SS8 with a strand of LED mini lights only on one channel.

So computer running Vixen 3, F16v3 and SS8. Then I made a sequence with a repeating 2 sec On/Off and the light timing was off after the 2nd or 3rd pulse. But when I connected SS8 to computer USB to db25 cable it worked perfectly.

Since there are several work arounds itís not a big deal but I will be willing to try the settings of a system that is working good.

Post Thanks / Like

i'll look to see what they are when I get home.
    (1)Falcon F16V3
    (1)Renard SS16
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI

Falcon Christmas
    Renard Controllers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marknbacon View Post
    Yeah I guess that’s what I’m going to end up having to do... the falcon passes the data through the serial out to the renards but it looks like it doesn’t pass all of it.

I’m kind of wondering if this is an issue with the firmware. I don’t think I have updated to 2.54 yet. I may end up trying that first then go from there. If that works I’ll try to let everyone know.

The issue I’m having just doesn’t really make sense to me, especially since I’ve got enough addresses slotted for serial out, and I’ve tried addressing both before and after the pixel tree. I know all the renards work, and I know the dmx to renard “crossover” cable works, because I still get something out. I’ve got a couple other ideas I may try. Like I said, I’ll keep things updated here as I can.

I just want it to work the way it is designed to.

I also can verify that the F16V3 will delay the serial output using my Renards. I tried last year right after CHristmas and tested the issue. I wanted to go with a full Falcon setup, but found that my DIY LED Express bridge is still doing a great job... SO it is back in use again this year..
    2017 - Hmmmm...lots has changed...
    Facebook: [URL="https://www.facebook.com/Stevensfamilylightshow/"]Stevensfamilylightshow[/URL]
    Youtube: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCodTAksQo4tgLAyabUe1-dg"]Stevens Family Light Show[/URL]
    Web: [URL="http://www.stevenslightshow.com"]http://www.stevenslightshow.com[/URL] (under construction)
    [img]http://sig.falconchristmas.com/18222[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delay. It's baud rate 19200 and stop bits 2. I'm in the process of doing run throughs to make sure things are ok. I guess I'm lucky since I have no delays running the Renard from the F16V3.
    (1)Falcon F16V3
    (1)Renard SS16
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI

Falcon Christmas
    Renard Controllers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast