Thread: ESPixelStick Connectivity Issue

Post Thanks / Like

Default ESPixelStick Connectivity Issue

Trying to get my Sticks going right now, but they won't connect properly. I want them to start at universe 73, channel_start 36865, but it won't work. If I set the esp to uni-73, ch_start-1, then it will display the same thing as the first channels of the first universe. (I am running unicast right now too). I found out that no matter the universe, as long as the starting channel for the esp is over 510, it freaks out. anyone know how to fix this? I'll attach the fpp & arduino settings for the first esp.

Screenshot (19).jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelStick Connectivity Issue

When you want it to start on universe 73, use channel 1. A universe only has 510 or 512 channels. 36865 is a start channel in FPP, the arduino doesn't "see" channel 36865, it only looks at universe and startchannel which is in this case 1.
    Errors for fun only.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, that’s kind of what I was figuring. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, so should I keep the fpp settings the same, with universe 73 starting at such a high channel, or does it’s channel start at 1 as well?

Post Thanks / Like

In fpp, the start channel refers to what channel in the file to start pulling data from. The fseq data file is one big block of channels, not broken down by universes.

In the ESPixelStick, you're referring to where in the universe you want to start. It will be a number between 1 and 512.

The ESPixelStick does not know about all those other channels in the fseq file. That's the FPP's job. The FPP takes the whole sequence and hands out the various blocks of channels to the controllers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ESPixelStick Connectivity Issue

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    In fpp, the start channel refers to what channel in the file to start pulling data from. The fseq data file is one big block of channels, not broken down by universes.

In the ESPixelStick, you're referring to where in the universe you want to start. It will be a number between 1 and 512.

The ESPixelStick does not know about all those other channels in the fseq file. That's the FPP's job. The FPP takes the whole sequence and hands out the various blocks of channels to the controllers.
    Holy moly that just brought terms down so much. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk