Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neighbors want in on the action

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Neighbors want in on the action

You will want to find a way to jump just the road using wireless and then put in a wired network on the neighbors property.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

1000' shouldn't be an issue for wireless. Just not your run of the mill old WiFi router in your basement. You can do this with directional WiFi gear. A pair of nanostations pointed at each other would bridge that gap with no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to all who posted, and did so with such speed. I really appreciate the input, and the Pi with either a PiCap or perhaps a Falcon PiCap or F4V3 at the neighbors makes sense. I have a strong wifi, and walked to the neighbors and still pick up a strong signal. So, I think I have my solution (hopefully).

Hopefully not biting off more than I can chew for year 2 of the show, but heck, the best way to learn is to challenge my understanding, Fail (First Attempt At Learning) and try again until i get it.

You all are awesome. Thanks so much again.

-Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12