Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vixen crashing when associating audio

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen crashing when associating audio

Passing on this log:

11/08/2019 16:55:01.525 [VixenApplication.Program] An application error occurred. Please contact the Vixen Dev Team with the following information:

System.OverflowException: Negating the minimum value of a twos complement number is invalid.
    at System.Math.AbsHelper(Int32 value)
    at Common.Controls.Timeline.Waveform.OnPaint(PaintEve ntArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandlin g(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at Common.Controls.Timeline.TimelineControlBase.WndPr oc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) at System.Math.AbsHelper(Int32 value)
    at Common.Controls.Timeline.Waveform.OnPaint(PaintEve ntArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandlin g(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at Common.Controls.Timeline.TimelineControlBase.WndPr oc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I've tried to change the song to .wav and .mp3 with the same result, one I click ok to associate the audio, a red x with a white background and a full crash

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen crashing when associating audio

Aww shit...And now, when I try to open the sequence I was trying to attach it to, Vixen crashes with the same x where the waveform should be

Post Thanks / Like

See if there is a SequenceName.tim_backup with a timestamp before you tried to change the audio, if so rename/delete the bad sequence and remove the "_backup" from the other file name
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    See if there is a SequenceName.tim_backup with a timestamp before you tried to change the audio, if so rename/delete the bad sequence and remove the "_backup" from the other file name

Thanks for the good idea, unfortunately, the exact same result with the renamed backup file. Loads with the white background and red x where the waveform is. Closes without any error message about 3 seconds later. I had tried to remove the audio from the remove audio function thinking it was the problem, but since then, I can't keep it open or the program long enough to re-associate it.

Post Thanks / Like

is it just this audio file and this sequence? does it happen with a new sequence and a different audio file?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XmasinVancouver View Post
    Thanks for the good idea, unfortunately, the exact same result with the renamed backup file. Loads with the white background and red x where the waveform is. Closes without any error message about 3 seconds later. I had tried to remove the audio from the remove audio function thinking it was the problem, but since then, I can't keep it open or the program long enough to re-associate it.
    What if you move the new audio file so it can't find it, will it open then?
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

I have a hunch that this may be related to the audio in this particular file being at the extreme ends of the amplitude spectrum. Try editing the audio track and reducing the amplitude a hair.

Post Thanks / Like

It is definitely a problem with the audio file having values out of range, but I thought I had added logic in there to handle it some time ago. I'll have to take a look at that. You will need to edit the audio file and process it to clean up the problem with it. Can you attach that audio file to a ticket on the bug tracker so I can use it for testing and see why the fix I thought was there is not working?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    It is definitely a problem with the audio file having values out of range, but I thought I had added logic in there to handle it some time ago. I'll have to take a look at that. You will need to edit the audio file and process it to clean up the problem with it. Can you attach that audio file to a ticket on the bug tracker so I can use it for testing and see why the fix I thought was there is not working?

You got it! Consider it done. The first time it happened I had run it through audacity to clip off an extended silence at the start and exported it as a wav, that crashed it. So i tried it as an mp3, same edit, just different output type, that worked seemingly. But I had a really quiet copy of this track which originally did work, but it was ridiculously quiet compared to the other tracks at the given volume. So I did SLIGHTLY bump the dB on it, but we are talking about 3-4 dB and I played the same tracks from my other sequences and measured the dB to try and not have volume spikes during the show. There was absolutely nothing approaching clipping on it. In this case, no matter the output type, full crash within 3 seconds without error message. So I went back to the mp3 version that had worked, did some more work on the sequence, and decided to try and raise the volume by 2 dB, but first, I used the remove audio option in vixen. When I re-opened the sequence to try and attach the new audio file, that is when I've been stuck in this loop where opening it still causes the red x. I'll get that sent over to you. Jon, none of my other tracks are affected, but creating a new sequence, it's fine until I try to add audio, even a different track and getting the x. I've also updated to the latest build. Probably should have submitted it straight to bug tracker.

Post Thanks / Like

There is likely one lone spike value in the file somewhere that is overtly negative. It may be hard to find. I was thinking there was some processing filter in Audacity I used at one time to fix one before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast