Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to setup up a DMX controlled smoke machine using Falcon controller and Vixen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to setup up a DMX controlled smoke machine using Falcon controller and Vixen

How I read the manual is there is only 1 channel and that channel you can set the smoke volumne and that is it. Maybe the manual is missing some information? Running the controller in test mode it produces heavy smoke until I set it back to run mode.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to setup up a DMX controlled smoke machine using Falcon controller and Vixen

set base address to 1
    if the address selector is a bunch of switches ohm out the switches with machine off
    set vixen up to output 255 on channel 1

Post Thanks / Like

Manage to make it work!!!

So diffent things where wrong. Dip swithces on hardware was set wrong. Now got address 1. On the falcon controller I set it in Universe/Start Channel Mode and then my serial output port 3 got universe 1 and start address 1. Now I can control the smoke with custom value element and setting the amount of smoke by setting the output value between 1-100.
    This is a very cool. I have build a big locomotive so the smoke machine will provide the train with steam.

Thank you everyone for your ideas and support.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by larsande View Post
    Manage to make it work!!!

So diffent things where wrong. Dip swithces on hardware was set wrong. Now got address 1. On the falcon controller I set it in Universe/Start Channel Mode and then my serial output port 3 got universe 1 and start address 1. Now I can control the smoke with custom value element and setting the amount of smoke by setting the output value between 1-100.
    This is a very cool. I have build a big locomotive so the smoke machine will provide the train with steam.

Thank you everyone for your ideas and support.
    Pictures? Video of it working? The general rule is if there's no picture, it didn't happen.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a video of the smoke machine controlled from Vixen. Let me know if more information is needed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FlI...w?usp=drivesdk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12