Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pixel icicle meteor module adaptation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixel icicle meteor module adaptation

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabybear View Post
    Hi, this should do what you need if D4 GPIO2 is the data out, if not swap as required.

Attachment 42042
    Thank you for that. So how would I deal with the fact that he has data out from two pins on the pi normally

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XmasinVancouver View Post
    Thank you for that. So how would I deal with the fact that he has data out from two pins on the pi normally
    Hi, thats the yellow link on the drawing it takes the data back from the last drop on the first set of four outputs and feeds it back into the second set of four inputs. The down side of having only one data output is that it can only support 680 pixels across the 8 outputs at 20FPS, given that that is 85 pixels per drop it should be more than enough for snowfall type tubes.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah , This is where the esp learning curve really begins . As I suggested earlier ,you will want to learn about loading sketches on the esp from Arduino IDE . Without that basic knowledge all other info will be fruitless .
    You will need to use a custom sketch to expose more gpio if you want to make better use of the wemos .

Once you are confident in loading the esp, this
    post will help you understand what you need better .
    Last edited by angus40; 11-07-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Ah , This is where the esp learning curve really begins . As I suggested earlier ,you will want to learn about loading sketches on the esp from Arduino IDE . Without that basic knowledge all other info will be fruitless .
    You will need to use a custom sketch to expose more gpio if you want to make better use of the wemos .

Once you are confident in loading the esp, this
    post will help you understand what you need better .
    Thanks Angus. As I said though, I am perfectly comfortable with loading sketches through the ide, and editing the contents without too much issue due to already doing so regularly with my Anet A8 3d printer that uses an arduino board with a custom sketch. Where my learning will be focused after this season's show is done, will be on creating custom sketches as you mention. A heavily edited existing sketch is still technically a custom sketch, but as you pointed, this would need to be truly custom in the sense of being purpose built from the ground up. And that is the area where I'll be focusing in preparation for next year. I mostly do web coding and css, so I can use my knowledge of how code typically works to figure out things like this I haven't had exposure to previously. I did pick up a supposedly pretty cool book called Hacking electronics and and an arduino/ras pi A-Z. None of which will help me much with 22 days until I've committed to flip the switch eek!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Angus. As I said though, I am perfectly comfortable with loading sketches through the ide, and editing the contents without too much issue due to already doing so regularly with my Anet A8 3d printer that uses an arduino board with a custom sketch. Where my learning will be focused after this season's show is done, will be on creating custom sketches as you mention. A heavily edited existing sketch is still technically a custom sketch, but as you pointed, this would need to be truly custom in the sense of being purpose built from the ground up. And that is the area where I'll be focusing in preparation for next year. I mostly do web coding and css, so I can use my knowledge of how code typically works to figure out things like this I haven't had exposure to previously. I did pick up a supposedly pretty cool book called Hacking electronics and and an arduino/ras pi A-Z. None of which will help me much with 22 days until I've committed to flip the switch eek!
    Well if you get your icicles assembled and find you require more than the 1 gpio.
    I could help you with doing a sketch (this does not mean doing it for you lol )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Well if you get your icicles assembled and find you require more than the 1 gpio.
    I could help you with doing a sketch (this does not mean doing it for you lol )

If it's even a FRACTION as good as what you pulled off with that animatronic, I would be a lucky man

Post Thanks / Like

I may try my hand at designing a few custom 3d printed parts for this project and for the hobby in general. Started with doing a custom clip, and I realized there's tons of stuff that can be useful for that. And it costs practically nothing but time

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345