Thread: Cable advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cable advice

Was in my attic putting up Halloween display and noticed a box in the dark corner so hereís what I found ... full box
    Will this be of use when I make the switch to pixels ? Iíve read several discussions on cat5 and many say no cca but donít see that on label so not sure . Any help appreciated as I know many are busy as I am aswell .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cable advice

cat 5 are good for data and can go long ( i have 50 ft run ) .. and some used them for voltage too on short run by pairing them up ,, like 1 wire for data ,,, then paire the rest for ++ and--- it is not recommended but some people have success with it
    cheer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cable advice

Depending on your controller, it can be used for Ethernet runs from a switch to the controller/Pi/PC or if you have something like a Falcon F48 where you need a cat5 type cable to run from the controller to the receiver boards this will be good. It states that it is Verified Cat5 not Cat5e so if you are wanting GB network speeds, it could be questionable.

Or as Barbotte said it can be use for long data runs from the controller to pixels directly.
    Matt