Thread: Issues migrating to vixen 3.6 U 2 Build 918

Post Thanks / Like

Default Issues migrating to vixen 3.6 U 2 Build 918

Hoping someone can shine some light as to why I keep seeing the following errors after migrating to the latest version of vixen and how I can remedy them.
    when first opening a sequence in vixen I get this message:
    vixen error3.jpg
    If I click Yes I get this box:
    vixen error2.jpg
    Inside the box there is no element to map, it says unknown. , I presume maybe I can just delete the unknowns and save it and maybe these errors will clear??
    If I click No on the first box then I get this pop up about 20 times or better:
    vixen error.jpg

Forgive my ignorance if this is a stupid easy fix, but also wasn't sure if it was something developers needed to be aware of. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Issues migrating to vixen 3.6 U 2 Build 918

What that's telling you is that your sequence file contains effects for an element that's not in the current profile. Perhaps you deleted an element since that sequence was done. In the old version, whenever that happened, the effects would just be lost. We added this new functionality this year. It was primarily intended to allow you to import sequences from other profiles. But the side effect is that it will also allow you to preserve effects from deleted elements instead of just losing them. The unknowns are because the names for elements weren't included in the sequence files until this version. So anything coming in from a previous version will be unknown.

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like a neat feature when you desire to do so, how do I remove the unknowns from the table so it is not constantly asking if I want to map it to an element each time I open the sequence? surely there has to be a way to do this?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I'm honestly not sure about that. I think we'll need to get Jeff's insight.

Post Thanks / Like

Create a temporary element to map them to and then then remove the effects from that temporary element in all the sequences that occurs. You can then remove the temporary element. I need to add some logic that will purge them if you decline to map them.

Post Thanks / Like

Well interestingly enough I didn't have to create an element to map them to, after closing and opening vixen twice it has no longer prompted about mapping to the unknown elements.

Post Thanks / Like

Now if I could get the preview to work correctly I'd be right on my way to getting some good sequences together for 2019.