Thread: Trying to find Manual or Information

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trying to find Manual or Information

We are looking for information on a box full of DMX floods we have. (Helping a friend.)
    There is no identification on the floods as to their manufacturer. Internet searches don't turn up anything, and the name of the vendor they were purchased from (Christmas Expo) several years ago is lost as well.

If anyone knows any of this information, PLEASE send it my way.

Note that these each have their own power supply (85 to 265 vac), with a DMX512 control cable (in and out). They have a processor on board, and no physical way to change the DMX address. They default to channels 1, 2, and 3 (for RGB). Daisy chaining them gets you all of them responding to 1, 2, & 3.

There must be either a hardware channel setter, or an "over-ride" method of setting the address.

The attachment is the only ID we have.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Trying to find Manual or Information

Al, perhaps if you can disassemble the unit, you might check to see if the outbound data connection is physically tied to the input data connection. That would be one way to make all the units react simultaneously to the same address. Or perhaps the internal circuit board has some markings or identification that would help you find more information about the unit. There might be jumpers or dip switches inside that could be tried to see whether they affect the address, too. Such fun!!!

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Try the below link it may be something close to what you have. The link is from Ray Wu's store. Hope this helps.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2041...49fb7dc1tQO9gO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Al, perhaps if you can disassemble the unit, you might check to see if the outbound data connection is physically tied to the input data connection. That would be one way to make all the units react simultaneously to the same address. Or perhaps the internal circuit board has some markings or identification that would help you find more information about the unit. There might be jumpers or dip switches inside that could be tried to see whether they affect the address, too. Such fun!!!
    Thanks Dave. We took it apart, and found that there is an actual processor inside. This is what gets me to thinking that there is either an external setup device, or an override series that puts it into "learn mode". As far as getting them all to react to the same channels, that is what they do now. We need them to be separate addresses to be used on separate display elements (cutouts). There are no jumpers and no dip-switches. Unfortunately.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdanna77 View Post
    Try the below link it may be something close to what you have. The link is from Ray Wu's store. Hope this helps.

Thanks. The featured light is very close to these. They have the same backpack design. Ours does not come with XLR connectors.

The picture of the 50 watt to the right is pretty much it (except for the wattage.) The connectors are exactly the same (not XLR). I'm going to stick my neck out and order the programmer. If it works, great. If it doesn't, I'll order some lights that use it. Either way, I won't end up with another door stop.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok glad I could steer you in a good direction lol. Keep us posted if it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdanna77 View Post

I love the "croup control" feature. I've been in the market for a light that cures my upper respiratory infections.

Post Thanks / Like

I read that twice and didn't see it. One less doctor bill.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Lmao. I didn’t even realize it said that.