Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FPP won't light ESP Wifi model chains

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP won't light ESP Wifi model chains

Yes, you want the enable multi cast on in the pixelsticks

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, found your issue, you have your start channels different, in FPP you have the start channel for pixelstick 1 universe 36 at 4595, but in Xlights you have it at start channel 6121. On Pixelstick 2 you have universe 40 start channel 5093 in FPP and 8161 in xlights.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Post Thanks / Like

I tried switching it in FPP to no avail but I am certain this must have something to do with channel addressing/settings. Is there anything else I can provide you with to keep digging on this with me? I'd really love to run this stuff on all hallows eve.

Post Thanks / Like

If the channels in xLights match up with the channels in FPP, try turning off gamma correction in both places. Do you get output now?

Post Thanks / Like

Was thinking about this earlier.....I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if I have 2 lights or 22 lights or 122 lights on any given output as long as I've told the software that there are 510 channels on that particular universe. So why don't I simplify my life and create a new show folder and new layout with 10 lights on each Universe I'm trying to get working? I should then be able to figure out the proper setup method and take my new found wisdom to the current setup? I'm thinking this out loud here in case there's anything you think I should do specifically in setting this up from the start.
    And I can't 'see' the first 10 pixels on all of the channels from the windows but trust if I see the ones I do see, the others must be lit too. Both wifi controllers can be seen easily from my windows. (Its freezing out there tonight ; )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    If the channels in xLights match up with the channels in FPP, try turning off gamma correction in both places. Do you get output now?
    No luck. I'm willing to try anything though so keep 'em coming! It just doesn't make sense that the FPP CAN control them through the test interface but not when running a sequence. So it has to be the channel data?

Post Thanks / Like

yep I think the channels are not setup consistent with the sequencer.

Post Thanks / Like

Iím not an xLight guy, but I think I understand FPP and ESPixelSticks.

XLights you have universe 36 as channel 6121-8162, but in FPP you define universe 36 as channel starting at 4595, so the configuration of xLight to FPP needs to be corrected.

FPP to ESPixelStick looks good when you set to multisync.

Try changing FPP for univ 36 from 4595 to 6121 (save, restart FPPD) and test that ESPixelStick
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

So I went ahead and did the 10 10 10 thing.....reduced all models to just the starting model elements and then defined them all as 10 nodes, 1 light per node. When I was double checking the channel outputs set in FPP (making sure the above were correct) I noticed that Universe 20 was incorrect as well. I've set that to 2041 now.

HOWEVER.....I'm now not (and am questioning whether I was/am 100% sure I ever was) getting test output from the FPP Display Testing screen - the hard wired stuff lights but the wifi stuff does not. I do know this - in XLights if I output to lights from the sequencer or use the test tool I can light up the wifi elements. If I use the testing panel of the ESP Wifi I can light them (accessed by pointing my web browser directly to the IP address of each controller). In fact this is how I've been "running" my display to this point so at least people have something to look at....the testing function of the web interface for each stick.

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 11.08.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-28 at 11.08.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-28 at 11.08.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-28 at 11.09.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-28 at 11.09.36 PM.png

Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast