Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: question about looks of alternating effect in sequencer

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default question about looks of alternating effect in sequencer

    Just playing around, although about to start a serious sequence, but I have put the alternating effect in a test sequence in a couple places. (see attached pic) At my bulbs and spare window, it looks correct (although I have changed the color at the window). However, at the door and living room window the graphic in the sequencer has changed. I am wondering why, and if it effects the outcome at the pixel level.

    Thanks
    Ray

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Maryville, Illinois
    Posts
    1,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: question about looks of alternating effect in sequencer

    There is no attached image........

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: question about looks of alternating effect in sequencer

    sorry, my mistake

    testing.jpg

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Maryville, Illinois
    Posts
    1,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: question about looks of alternating effect in sequencer

    Compare the settings on them. My guess would be that the grouping structure of the elements is different and / or the group count setting is different on the effect settings. The rendering is drawing what all the individual parts under the group are doing and compacting that into the effect bar. Sometimes it may not all fit on large props and is more of an approximation. So I would say what you are seeing is likely ok assuming the effect is doing what you want when you preview it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: question about looks of alternating effect in sequencer

    thank you for that explanation. That does make sense. The animation is working correctly, and there are different groups involved.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: question about looks of alternating effect in sequencer

    Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    Just playing around, although about to start a serious sequence, but I have put the alternating effect in a test sequence in a couple places. (see attached pic) At my bulbs and spare window, it looks correct (although I have changed the color at the window). However, at the door and living room window the graphic in the sequencer has changed. I am wondering why, and if it effects the outcome at the pixel level.

    Thanks
    Ray
    Out of curiosity, are the bulbs setup as pixels? or vice versa?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: question about looks of alternating effect in sequencer

    XmasinVancouver, PM sent.

    The bulbs are singing christmas bulbs and are pixels. I definitely started out too big, but really like them. I have yet to sequence them. They are all built, 194 pixels in each bulb. I may or may not have them singing this year, but they will be on as part of the show.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: question about looks of alternating effect in sequencer

    Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    XmasinVancouver, PM sent.

    The bulbs are singing christmas bulbs and are pixels. I definitely started out too big, but really like them. I have yet to sequence them. They are all built, 194 pixels in each bulb. I may or may not have them singing this year, but they will be on as part of the show.

    I assume you mean something like this or along those lines?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: question about looks of alternating effect in sequencer

    yes. was going to post a pic of mine but

    for some reason I can't upload pics that past few days, keep getting a error message that "upload of file failed"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lizella, GA
    Posts
    1,484
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: question about looks of alternating effect in sequencer

    Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    yes. was going to post a pic of mine but

    for some reason I can't upload pics that past few days, keep getting a error message that "upload of file failed"
    Reduce the file size of the picture.
    Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •