Thread: Help- Need .hex for REN48LSD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help- Need .hex for REN48LSD

I have been trying to troubleshoot my REN48LSDs along with 3 I bought a while back and cannot seem to bring them to life. I tried compiling the .asm file in MPLAB X IDE and got a .hex file, but I don't know if it is correct or otherwise.

Does anyone have a copy of the .hex file, RS232 (non-DMX), potentially 115,200 baud but I will take anything right now, laying around? I tried going to a page that some links say are pre-compiled .hex files but I either get an access denied or just a blank message page.

The issue I am fighting is I see data coming into the RenESP, but I am not getting any outputs on the RJ45 jacks. I have the test device setup exactly like a previously working device in Vixen, but still no blinky. I have tried a different RenESP, different boards, and different configurations but still nothing. I am now at my wits' end.
    "For those who say it cannot be done..... Get out of the way of those that are doing it!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help- Need .hex for REN48LSD

Do you get lights when testing from the esp module? When using esp modules with renard firmware, set the renard start address to 0 then set the start channel and how many channels in the esp

Post Thanks / Like

Let me clarify what I am doing and what I am trying to do.

I am trying to revive my Renard48LSDs and have tried connecting a RenESP and have tried daisy chaining it off of a working Renard24SS. Neither one worked. I daisy chained another Renard24SS off of the first to see if it was a channel count or pass through issue and it was not. I have also replaced the RS232 chips on the 48s to see if they were the issue for passing data and that was not the case. I am suspecting that the 48s that I bought were flashed with DMX vs. RS232 and I am wanting to flash the 48s so I can make sure they have the right firmware.

I followed the instructions on how to convert an .asm to .hex and when I go to flash them with my PicIt II, I get some error message about non-power pin etc. but then it flashes. Yet I don't see any change in the behavior of the 48. Does anyone have a valid Ren48LSD .hex file as I cannot get to the links in some of the posts and Wikis.
    "For those who say it cannot be done..... Get out of the way of those that are doing it!"

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a link to the HeadBlinker firmware for the 16f688 chip in the DIGWDF Store. It's the same as the firmware you'd need for the Ren48LSD. The zip file contains pre-compiled Renard versions for start addresses 0-36 at 57600 baud. You'd use start address 0 for all the chips on the Ren48LSD board.

http://digwdf.com/store/attachment.php?id_attachment=12

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

And as always, it is Dirk for the win!!! If I weren't so far away, I would drive wherever just to shake your hand, give you a big thanks, and deliver a case of your favorite adult beverage. Thank you for saving my a$$ again as always! Then again, if you find yourself in Maui or heading this way, look me up and I owe you at least a dinner and drinks. As we say in Hawaii, Mahalo (Thank You).