Thread: Raspberry Pi will not boot after trying to update FPP to V3.2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Raspberry Pi will not boot after trying to update FPP to V3.2

Hello everyone, I am looking for some help with my Pi and updating to FPP v3.2. I have a RaspBerry Pi 2 Model B V1.1 that I got about 3 years ago. It had an earlier FPP of 1.6. I have not used it in a long time an was trying to update it so that I can seperate my home and show network. I used the SD Card formatter on a 16 gig micro sd card, got the img of FPP V3.2 from github and unzipped it. Than I used etcher to burn the img to the micro sd card. After that I placed the 16 gig micro sd card into my Pi, hooked up the mouse, keyboard, monitor, and ethernet cable and put power to the Pi. The monitor stays blank and both Red and Green light on the Pi are on and nothing happens. So if someone can tell me what to do next would be a game changer for me.
    Thanks for any help.
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Raspberry Pi will not boot after trying to update FPP to V3.2

That often indicates the SD does not have a boot image. Did you use Windows or Linux to create the SD? If Windows did you remember to use the eject function prior to removing the SD card?

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

The etcher program said that the sd card will automaticly eject after verification. When I went to eject it the drive did not show up.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you try reflashing?

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.

Post Thanks / Like

I have reformated and reflashed and uninstalled the etcher and sd card formatter and reinstalled the etcher and formatter about 3 times. Still the same thing. The Pi is not responding.

Post Thanks / Like

just in case the fpp image is corrupted, try a different sd and use the raspberry pi noob image. Just grasping at straws at this point. The next stop is to retire the pi.
    Last edited by MartinMueller2003; 10-25-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

etcher didn't always work for me, so I moved back to SDFormattter and Win32DiskImager. You may want to just try them to see if they work for you.

Also, Release 3.4 is out, with an update to 3.4.1. Get 3.4 Image before going and further....oh, one more thing. Make sure you have the Pi Image. The BBB version will not work on a Pi

Get 3.4 here
    https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/3.4

Then go to the Help/About page and do a manual update.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

I've had an occasional issue in the past where I couldn't get an SD card fully formatted in a windows machine after it had Linux partitions on it. When that happens, I'd put the SD card in a digital camera and reformat it there first. After doing that, then I could take it from there on the windows machine.