Thread: Renard SS24 Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renard SS24 Help

Hi everyone, I have been watching for a few years, and have a WayneJ Renard SS24 board I've put together. All of my solder looks good too me, but am stuck.

I have done the "initial setup" steps on the wiki, and have power to the board, the power light turns on. I, however have approximately 7V to the 5V test lug. I then tried jumping to the next step where UC6 pins are tested(both with my multimeter and the "spare piece of wire") and the led will not light.

Could the above be due to the 7V or do I have two issues at play? I bought the kit unassembled but "used"...I'm considering just contacting Wayne for a new kit.

Any help trouble shooting is appreciated, and I'm not too proud to say just because my solder looks decent to me doesn't meant it's not the issue.

Thank you all in advance.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Renard SS24 Help

I would first start with looking at the voltage regulator, they are three pin and usually have a mounting hole. Make sure that it is a voltage regulator first and not a triac, if it is a voltage regulator, is it installed backwards? That would be your problem being 2 volts over your what should be 5v at the test point. Start at that point of diagnosis first. Also are your pic chips in your board while testing? Not to sure of the testing tree on this board, but I don't think you should be testing other pin locations with chips in

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Use the SS24 Troubleshooting guide. It will walk you through step by step to narrow the issue down. I will add, almost all problems with the SS boards are usually solder related.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wik...he_Renard_SS24
    James Family Christmas - 1600 channels of SS Renard channels
    Website - http://jamesfamilychristmas.com/ <<broken
    Facebook - James Family Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne J View Post
    Use the SS24 Troubleshooting guide. It will walk you through step by step to narrow the issue down. I will add, almost all problems with the SS boards are usually solder related.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wik...he_Renard_SS24
    I agree with most problems being with the solder joints. We won't go into details Wayne!
    (1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1)Falcon F16V3
    (1)Renard SS16
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Falcon Christmas
    Renard Controllers