Thread: Static color ... need to fade in and out

Post Thanks / Like

Default Static color ... need to fade in and out

Hi,

I need to fade IN and OUT - I have some single color, single channel WHITE strobes/floods and RGB flood lights.

For instance: I want to take all the 10w, 30w, 50w & 100w RGB floods - and fade them with the same color - and with some luck, the same rate. I have them grouped by wattage.

I would like to have the white strobes FLASH ON and a dimming ramp down similar to a incandescent lamp.

I do not see an effect that lets me do just that. What am I missing?

THANKS!!
    -Eddie

The missus wants to ride!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Static color ... need to fade in and out

You can do that by adding adding a layer. Go to your layers and select add layer. You can name the layer "fade out". Then for the type select "intensity overlay". Now add an effect like "set level" and then add pulse to the same effect. 2 effects can be on top of each other. In the effect editor under brightness, intensity double click the curve and and select "invert curve". Now select the pulse and right click and scroll to layer then select "fade out". Now when that effect is played the effect will fade out. Photo shows red effect with fade out pulse and butterfly effect with fade in pulse.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

For single color, use the brightness property to fade. Put something like pulse on the element and then adjust the brightness curve. If you have real strobes, they don't usually react to dimming as they are based on filling a capacitor and releasing the energy in a burst. You can try it, but I am not sure you will get what you want.

For RGB, use something like a colorwash and adjust the gradient to a single color or go back to the pulse and choose your color. The dimming curves will probably be different between the various floods you have but you can adjust them. One of the properties you can add to an element is a dimming curve. Play with the curves until your effects look similar.

Post Thanks / Like

pmiller:

Ahhhhhh - OK.

A bit more than I imagined - still manageable.

THANKS
    Last edited by RGB_Mixer; 10-23-2019 at 02:32 AM.
    -Eddie

Post Thanks / Like

MikeKrebs:

Yup - not "TRUE STROBES" ... a bunch of 50W LEDs being over-driven a bit (125%) by a 36 channel DMX board Works well for this application.

I was looking @ the colorwash and pulse - sort of figured they could help a bit.

Thanks!
    Last edited by RGB_Mixer; 10-23-2019 at 02:35 AM.
    -Eddie