Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: North Pole help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: North Pole help

I wanted to thank you guys. This topic has inspired me to make a much taller North Pole.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bwinter View Post
    Let us know how they look when fired up at night.
    Bwinter, do you use xlights? If so what do you use in your layout? Just circles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, XLights. I think I use just Single Line, # Strings=1, Nodes/String=50 (or however many nodes you have), Lights/Node=1.

There are probably numerous ways to model this, though...

Post Thanks / Like

Default North Pole help

Bwinter, I started my second North Pole and thought about what you said about them not being bright enough. 8 modules wrap around the 1.25Ē pvc perfect and it would be nice to have a little extra :/ I bought 400 modules so I got plenty. This would put me at 224 modules and the math still works for the PSU so 8 modules it is. I figured when you made your first one you probably said to yourself that they were bright enough. 8000 pixels down the road Iím going to want a grand finale and those 2 modules will supply it :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmumbels View Post
    Bwinter, I started my second North Pole and thought about what you said about them not being bright enough. 8 modules wrap around the 1.25” pvc perfect and it would be nice to have a little extra :/ I bought 400 modules so I got plenty. This would put me at 224 modules and the math still works for the PSU so 8 modules it is. I figured when you made your first one you probably said to yourself that they were bright enough. 8000 pixels down the road I’m going to want a grand finale and those 2 modules will supply it :p

I get 6 modules around my 1" PVC. Two more (8-total) would be a bit brighter.

I really like the form of those modules (LEDs are potted in resin, and thus waterproof). I just wish they made those with higher-density LEDs (you can easily get a few more 5050 in there). I guess that's next-year's project...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bwinter View Post
    I get 6 modules around my 1" PVC. Two more (8-total) would be a bit brighter.

I really like the form of those modules (LEDs are potted in resin, and thus waterproof). I just wish they made those with higher-density LEDs (you can easily get a few more 5050 in there). I guess that's next-year's project...
    I think a puck on the top would do good. With 6 I can see a slight spot on the top where the light is lower but with 8 it fills in.

Iím still getting weird blinking and every other module. A different color in test mode. See pic

Post Thanks / Like

Test modes donít mean much, other than indicating that hey work....

Post Thanks / Like

Party time! Didnít realize Iíd have to power inject at every 9th pole :/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345