Thread: Strange behavior

Post Thanks / Like

Default Strange behavior

Hi,

First: Ground work. I use 320 channels of a 384 channel setup.

I initially setup 3 channels for a smoke machine - 1 red, 1 green, 1 blue. Okay, thinking a bit, change it to a 3 ch RGB so color selection would be easier.

Added the RGB. Unpatched then deleted the 3 previous channels.

I went to patch the new RGB to unused outputs. Selected the new RGB and the common "Patch Elements" remained DARK. ... ummmm ... something went sideways.

Went to the controller and it showed those addresses as unassigned - correct, I just unpatched them.

I could patch the elements to that address. ONE AT A TIME? And then it complained about too many channels after the first one.

What is strange is, if anything, something was not identified correctly. 67 channels available and would not "Patch" the 3 channels automatically.

After manually patching all three, I verified they went to the right addresses. That worked out.

Just a note: Something is goofy in Display Setup. It should have patched the single RGB light. In my case, I wanted it to go back to the original addresses as a fixture instead of individual colors.

This is Release 3.6u2

Thanks!
    -Eddie

The missus wants to ride!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Strange behavior

You have two options when doing this type of patching. If the 3 channels you wanted to patch to are the first available channels on the controller, you can select the element on the left and the controller and the patch will patch to the first available channels. If you have more than 3 open channels, the patching may say something like 3 element patch points to 55 controller outputs and some will not be patched. If they are not the first 3 open on the controller, then you need to select all 3 channels on the controller to tell it specifically which range to use. Then it will be the correct number and there should be no warnings. You can also select a range of controller channels and it will patch to the first ones in order in the range. You may see warnings about to many outputs as appropriate.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Strange behavior

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for that - I later found out what I did wrong. I overlooked selecting the controller. Everything worked as expected after that. Vixen connected the channels as the first available channels - perfect!! Yup, operator error. Now I have 3 more fixtures to apply this to.

Eddie
    -Eddie

The missus wants to ride!