Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help setting up E682

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help setting up E682

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    Thank-you for that, I have made the changes.

Can I ask what the address chan(nel) is for?? mine are all set to 1, when would ever change it to something else??

Just so you know, and definitely NOT counter to what you have been told, but just another thought process...

Some like to make the feed to any E1.31 controller, including the E682, contiguous. No wasted channels.
    So, output 1-1 would go from U1:C1 to U3:C280
    Output 1-2 would go from U1:C281 to U2:C15
    Outputs 1-3 and 1-4 would not be used (in this scenario)

Output 2-1 would go from U2:C16 to U4:C400

an on and on.

My megatrees (5 of them using E682s) are setup this way. 15 of the E682 outputs (1-1 through 4-3) are contiguous.
    The 16th output (4-4) starts at the next universe and drives the spinner on the top of the tree.

The 682 is a great controller. They have served us well for quite a few years now.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that Algerdes,

Originally that is how I was going to set this up. But I think for now, I will leave it how I have it. If i can get this one element up and running for christmas this year I will be happy. Although I have ideas for the future, time is quickly running out.

Post Thanks / Like

iflights,

I was back at this again last night and everytime I do something, 10 more questions come up.

Although i could not remember the number, i knew that there was extra channels and I wanted to add pixels around a window (and maybe more) as the controller will be close to this area. So I wired up a 60 pixel frame for a window, then when I went to add it to the controller is when the questions came up.

I set this controller up as you suggested:
    output 1 - 1, 194 pixels this is universe 1 and 2
    output 1 - 2, 194 pixels universe 3 and 4
    output 1 - 3, 194 pixels universe 5 and 6
    output 1 - 4, 194 pixels universe 7 and 8.........wait, universe 8????? there is only 7 universes in multicast, so how can I have 8? Also this whole setup only uses 2328 channels out of 3750, but I'm out of universes.

Please explain.

Also are you using Vixen 3? I have questions about getting it to talk to the controller. I plugged the window pixels into the controller at output 2 - 1. I can get the pixels to light on the test patterns on the controller, however, the colors are way off. Red is blue etc. I changed this by changing the output colors pattern on the controller ( GRB) . but I cannot get the pixels to light using a sequence and a schedule in Vixen.

Thanks
    Ray

Post Thanks / Like

You had not previously mentioned that multicast was a requirement, so I agree with you there is a problem. I would go back and configure as Algerdes suggested to minimize your universes.

Can't help you on Vixen configuration.

Post Thanks / Like

Multicast is NOT a requirement, and I have been researching this all day. It was set that way when the board arrived, and I didn't understand enough about it to know I could change it. I will change it to unicast, which will give me more universes.

I will ask the Vixen question ( and more) in another thread.

Thanks again

ray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12