Thread: Help with Falcon F4V3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with Falcon F4V3

I've got a Falcon F4V3 second hand. It's running firmware 2.00. Unfortunately, I can not get any WS2811 pixels to run with it. Using a F4V2, I've been able to confirm the pixels do work. Then, moving the connector from the F4V2 board to the F4V3 board (not the pigtail plug, the plug from the board), the pixels flash briefly when I first connect. Then, when I set the Test Mode, nothing. I have also tried testing via xLights, but no luck. I can see the F4V3 receiving packets, but no pixels light up. Fuses are good. Jumpers near power are both set to 12V since I have 12V pixels.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help with Falcon F4V3

Is the f4v3 using the correct pixel type?
    Does firmware two support the "new" pixel timing?
    A wise owl once told me that a pixel is a delicate thing. Just because the connector is easy to remove and plug in does not make hot swappable. Unplug the power when plugging in your pixels.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the suggestions. I appreciate it! I've done all that you suggested but still no luck on getting the lights to work. I guess I'm in the market for a new controller now.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    Is the f4v3 using the correct pixel type?
    Does firmware two support the "new" pixel timing?
    A wise owl once told me that a pixel is a delicate thing. Just because the connector is easy to remove and plug in does not make hot swappable. Unplug the power when plugging in your pixels.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you located? Maybe there is someone near by who can check your controller. Also, did you upgrade to the latest firmware? Did you run through all the trouble shooting in the manual? Finally, see section 13.3 of the manual.