Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: ESPixel Stick Problems

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    707
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default ESPixel Stick Problems

    Its been a year and I honestly forgot how to program my ESpixel Stick. What info do I enter in the SSID and Passphrase fields in the Flash Tool?
    Programming says its complete but unable to connect to the DHCP so it times out.

    Any suggestions - thanks

    Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 9.31.46 PM.png

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixel Stick Problems

    SSID = name of your wifi network
    passphrase = password of your wifi network

    Enter the same values as you would on your laptop or PC.

    Without these, you'll never connect,

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    1,675
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixel Stick Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by covewi View Post
    Its been a year and I honestly forgot how to program my ESpixel Stick. What info do I enter in the SSID and Passphrase fields in the Flash Tool?
    Programming says its complete but unable to connect to the DHCP so it times out.

    Any suggestions - thanks

    Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 9.31.46 PM.png
    The SSID and passphrase is the SSID and passphrase for your access point/router.
    The espixelstick connects to the wireless network you define. The SSID is the name of the wireless network being broadcast by your AP/router. The password is the security WPA/WPA2 password you defined for the wireless network.
    Phil

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    707
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixel Stick Problems

    Thanks - that was easy. Am I using the correct serial port setting?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Sauk City, WI USA
    Posts
    1,155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixel Stick Problems

    That looks like the one for programming. it says cp2102 which is one of the programming ones.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    707
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixel Stick Problems

    Up and running - thanks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    707
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixel Stick Problems

    Any reason why the USB to UART option doesnt show up?
    I have re installed the latest Silicon Labs software and still no luck?

    Since I dont see the ESPixel Sticks available on Amazon anymore - does anyone know where to purchase them?
    Otherwise, what would be a good alternative and easy to use?

    Thanks
    Last edited by covewi; 10-21-2019 at 11:03 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixel Stick Problems

    There are DIY options and other folks make and sell variations of the original pixel stick.
    The DIY option (pixel pop) is available from me and the other variants you can most likely find by google searching pixel stick.
    I'm sure others will reply with actual links.
    Quote Originally Posted by covewi View Post
    Any reason why the USB to UART option doesnt show up?
    I have re installed the latest Silicon Labs software and still no luck?

    Since I dont see the ESPixel Sticks available on Amazon anymore - does anyone know where to purchase them?
    Otherwise, what would be a good alternative and easy to use?

    Thanks

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixel Stick Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    There are DIY options and other folks make and sell variations of the original pixel stick.
    The DIY option (pixel pop) is available from me and the other variants you can most likely find by google searching pixel stick.
    I'm sure others will reply with actual links.
    Here are the two boards that I use in my display:

    ESPixel Pop / ESPixel Pop Tiny (aka: Pixel Pop / Pixel Pop Tiny) - Link

    Renard Plus ESP Pixel Controller Kit - Link

    There are certainly others.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    707
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixel Stick Problems

    Thanks for all your help - I received my Ray Wu WS2811's https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1953...1af84c4duizgpR today.
    They are beautiful.
    Last edited by covewi; 11-11-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •