Thread: Need some help troubleshooting... LOR and Renard in Vixen 3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some help troubleshooting... LOR and Renard in Vixen 3

OK so I have a halloween show that is a warm-up and refresher before the christmas season. I do the halloween show with a blend of LOR and renard controllers. Just like my Xmas show.

So i set up the show, just like last year Open DMX for the LOR 26 channels because I have 2 RGB Wall Washers coming out of the LOR. LOR dongle...

Then 48 Channel renard network. I get it all up and running and works really no issue. Then I modify a couple songs cause I added some elements and wanted to incorporate them into the songs from last year... I have been moving the vixen folder over across the network as I always have and did while working...

All the sudden some of the renard stop working, then some LOR... I launch the LOR hardware tester, all is perfect there...

No errors in the vixen logs... but its like the networks are not working through vixen...

I deleted both controllers and set up JUST the LOR on Open DMX... no dice. nothing working. Havent tried the renard yet.. Figured I'd come to you guys for some advice on what might have happened.

andddddddddd go.
    Thanks in advance and all that! This community is awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need some help troubleshooting... LOR and Renard in Vixen 3

port setup on the vixen controller match port in windows?

Post Thanks / Like

Yessir

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you are using the current 3.6u2 version, the open DMX controller should log some of the connection info in the logs. Be sure to look in the info and error logs both. If you added / changed elements, be sure to validate the patching and setup there to ensure it is all correct.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so I don't know what it why, I just unlatched all elements and controllers and then redid color and patching to controller and all back up and running.

No idea what or why it happened.. only about 80 channels, not too bad to redo.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk