Thread: Help Config E1.31 Bridge with Renard 4 output controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Config E1.31 Bridge with Renard 4 output controller

I have set up my Renard 4 output Controller and all works well as long as I have it connected to my computer. When I try to connect it to my E1.31 bridge I get nothing. I am sure that I am doing something wrong in the bridge setup or do I need to do something to the controller. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I set the bridge I have tried DMX, Renard,ws2811 protocol with universe 6 having 4 channels

AJVenti

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help Config E1.31 Bridge with Renard 4 output controller

Have you checked the jumper settings on the board (the output ports)to see if they are set for DMX or Renard?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2012: 24 channels with 1 Renardss24 * 2013: 48 channels with 2 Renardss24's * 2014: Took the year off * 2015: Life Got in the Way
    2016: 1000 Channels for Halloween, mix of A/C, RGB, Pixels. Christmas over 17 universes, all Pixels, oh boy...

Post Thanks / Like

You don't connect the 4 output controller to the bridge.
    Both are E1.31 devices so they connect together using a standard switch.
    PC to Switch, 4 output controller to switch and bridge to switch.....they all meet there and have a party.

P.S. I think you are confusing yourself by labelling it a RENARD 4 output controller, it is actually an E1.31 controller but sold by Renard shop. It has capability of outputting DMX/Renard as well, but it is an E1.31 pixel controller at heart.
    Last edited by DrNeutron; 10-18-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Boy did I get it wrong Yes I was thinking that everything went though the bridge. So I need to add a Switch and run one to the E1.31 bridge for my other controllers and one to the 4 output controller. Can I ask one more question? I was going to add another item to my display and I used a Arduino with a DMX shield do I connect it to the bridge or the switch?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AJVenti View Post
    Boy did I get it wrong Yes I was thinking that everything went though the bridge. So I need to add a Switch and run one to the E1.31 bridge for my other controllers and one to the 4 output controller. Can I ask one more question? I was going to add another item to my display and I used a Arduino with a DMX shield do I connect it to the bridge or the switch?
    If it is DMX, you can run from Bridge or from 4 output controller.
    I haven't tried DMX from the 4 output controller so read up on it in the manual as I think it takes a universe from last output.
    Phil