Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can I request some better pictures or examples of j channel jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can I request some better pictures or examples of j channel jigs?

are there any tutorials on building pixel jigs? I have been toying with the idea of making a j channel strip if the j channel can fit around the wood on my house. The hard part is, here in AZ I don't have that "finish" look under my eaves. Wife doesn't want me drilling into the eaves. So I'm trying to avoid that if possible. Though I might be able to convince her if I can keep them up year-round.

Post Thanks / Like

There are things out there on how to for making props. Most are unique to the individuals use. Especially house and window outlines. For me its been trial and error. Find out how to do things by first finding out how not to do it. I know for me when I get an idea or see something I like it involves wandering around Home Depot, Menards and Lowes( Im fortunate to have all three within a couple miles of my house). To see what I can make work.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been having a hard time finding j-channel in Alaska, its all too small to fit pixels. Will probably go the route that I did with my metal star and have a local sheetmetal company bend it to a custom size and mount them from the back of the fascia board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123