Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longer USB Cord Communication Issues

Post Thanks / Like

Default Longer USB Cord Communication Issues

I have to move the location of my controller and need to lengthen the USB cord. I purchased a 32 foot USB 'Repeater' cord online and tested it with the FPPP. There was no communication from the Pi and the controller. When I tried the cord on my laptop I got a message saying that drivers were being installed on the computer for the cord. Would this interfere with communications between the Pi and the Mega 2560? When I tested the original USB cord with my laptop, sequences played and the controller worked. When I tried the original cord with FPPP, there is no communication with the Mega, any ideas or suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Longer USB Cord Communication Issues

get a different "Active USB Extension Cord"
    there should not be any drivers, they are "supposed" to be "transparent".
    i have one for a non-blinky project and its seemless, just works

Post Thanks / Like

Have started process of returning cord but my problem is that now the FPP will not communicate with the controller and I can't figure out why.

Post Thanks / Like

If the extension uses RJ45 connectors between the two ends, check to make sure there isn't a crossed pin in the female connectors. They can get bent....

http://digwdf.com/store/
    Even though the DIGWDF Store has been closed for more than a year, it's still awesome!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the mega and have purchased several long usb cords and had to return several due to not reading or working even for charging my phone .
    I have 2 x25í and 1x50í all work great now
    The other brand I use is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Tried an extension as shown it also did not read controller so I just went with one long printer cord .
    This one I returned and donít recommend .

Post Thanks / Like

Wilmar, that is the exact cord I tried and will be returning. I have a usb cord already installed in the controller that is 20 feet and worked great all last year. When I tested the new extension (attached to old usb) I could not get the Pi and mega to work. I then tried with the original and still can't get the controller to run a sequence through the Pi. I am able to run sequences via Vixen (on my laptop) and the original usb cord. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

try a different port?

Post Thanks / Like

I had to NOT use an extension cable but purchase a longer printer cable 50í one piece cable to get mine to work . As shown previously is what I purchased . Not sure if thatís same problem I had but sounds like it .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiej13 View Post
    Wilmar, that is the exact cord I tried and will be returning. I have a usb cord already installed in the controller that is 20 feet and worked great all last year. When I tested the new extension (attached to old usb) I could not get the Pi and mega to work. I then tried with the original and still can't get the controller to run a sequence through the Pi. I am able to run sequences via Vixen (on my laptop) and the original usb cord. Any suggestions?
    Hereís the one that worked for me
    These cables are hit and miss some work some donít thatís why I love using amazon prime easy returns . Just sucks thereís not much quality control with these things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast